Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung S20+

Operating System

OneUI 3.1 (Android 11)

My Question or Issue
Since the last update the progress bar (in "Now Playing") no longer moves and the display of the currently playing song is no longer updated - at least when I stream to my Sonos via Spotify Connect or using Chromecast.
I already cleaned the cache and reinstalled the Spotify app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to on of the latest versions - 8.6.20 and 8.6.22.

If you're still having trouble, post below or even better, best to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
DidiOne

Same issue here, since a few days ago.
No matter which device I cast music onto from my Android phones (Amazon Echo, Google Home or Spotify TV apps), the progress bars on the phones are stuck, and when the next song is played, the displays on the phones Spotify apps are not updated at all.
Please fix it! That makes it definitely unusable

DidiOne

All the Android phones I own, with OS versions ranging from 9 to 11. App version: 8.6.18.720

YuriiIp
Regular
+1

same exactly thing, Android 11
dan30383
Visitor

Same issue here

Pixel 4 XL - Android 11

Spotify version 8.6.18.720

I downgraded Spotify to version 8.6.16.1041 to test it and it works fine so definitely an issue with the latest version. Please fix this.

Grantman72
Visitor

Samsung SM T580 

Android version 8.1.0

Spotify app version 8.6.18.720

jerfeson
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Xiomi 9T pro)

Operating System

(Windows 10, Android.)

My Question or Issue

In this new version I am no longer able to change music for spotify connect, when you start playing music on my device the player disappears from the android application.

stewartminkus

Samsung galaxy a01

Android 10

Spotify 8.6.18.720

Kovis

I have the same problem after yesterday's update when casting to Sonos devices.

Huawei P30 Pro

Android 10

Spotify App 8.6.18.720

I'd suggest you deploy the previous version to Google Play until the problem is fully analyzed and fixed.

khanhdtn
Visitor
I got exactly same issue on Android mobile phone and Galaxy watch. The song is playing on other device (such as Bose speaker), but it is not displayed on android mobile phone and Galaxy watch.
Graeme73
Visitor

Exactly the same issue here.  Just started occurring in the last week.  I have the Spotify Android App on a Huawei P30 Pro.  I connect to Amazon Echo Devices via Spotify Connect on the app.  The now playing song doesn't change and the time of the song doesn't move while playing.

Spotify Connect really not working well at the moment.