Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung S20+

Operating System

OneUI 3.1 (Android 11)

My Question or Issue
Since the last update the progress bar (in "Now Playing") no longer moves and the display of the currently playing song is no longer updated - at least when I stream to my Sonos via Spotify Connect or using Chromecast.
I already cleaned the cache and reinstalled the Spotify app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to on of the latest versions - 8.6.20 and 8.6.22.

If you're still having trouble, post below or even better, best to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Grantman72
Visitor

Hello,

I haven't an answer for you but you're not alone. I am experiencing the exact same problem using the Spotify app on my Samsung tablet and casting with my Chromecast Audio. The problem occured today (14/4/21) after updating the app.

Serj_2
Yep, there is something wrong with Spotify Connect at least with version 8.6.18.720 on Android. Main screen says I'm still playing the previous song at 14:00 out of the 3 minutes song, the progress bar in the notifications stuck at 100% (well, probably at 14 minutes out of 3 too). However, the queue screen shows the correct song 🤷‍♂️
amg433
Visitor
Same here.
adityarathee96
Visitor
Even I am facing this issue. It's quite frustrating for us smart speaker users. I wrote to them and got a generic reply.
lbinic

Hello,

I have the same problem casting from android 10 to KEF LSX, spotify version 8.6.18.720

The "Now Playing" interface does not show the album cover, artist, title, track position of the playing track. But the playlist is advancing correctly. 

Suman_91

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

1. Micromax IN 1 [6/128 GB] variant

2. Desktop PC

Operating System

1. Android 10

2. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 build 19042.928

Version

1. 8.6.18.720 (android app)

2. 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a (desktop .exe app)

My Question or Issue

The album art and song remains stuck on android even though a new song is being played on desktop. The android app is unable to capture real-time changes with the desktop.

Although rare but this issue also appear when android app connects with Spotify Web.

Kindly check the screenshots. As you can easily see that on Desktop app, third song 'BTS Dynamite' is playing but on mobile app first song 'Going Dumb (with Stray Kids)' is on display.

Screenshot_Spotify desktop.PNG
Screenshot_Spotify android.png
cfrabu2
Visitor

Same issue when casting to Google Chromecast from android app : the track title and time  stops to be displayed  on the app when casting is started

Track title freeze and time goes to 0 beginning of track. But play continue notmally on Chromecast

radiofreekent
Visitor

Same here when I connect Spotify to Sonos. It was fine before the last update. Pixel 4a, Android 11, April 2021 update.

Humberto59
Visitor

I'm having the same issue with a Pixel 5, Android 11 April 2021 patch and with acconnection to a Chromecast audio device.

mmg2711
Casual Listener

Same here. Latest software and Android version on a Pixel 3. Issue is happening connecting to my Sonos system, also to a Chromecast and a Google Nest Mini. Based on this its pointing to a problem with Spotify Connect.