Queue changes after switching device with Spotify Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Across devices

My Question or Issue

If I'm listening to a playlist on one device, then switch to another device using connect, the queue on the new device is the entire shuffled playlist. Expected is it would carry the queue over to the new device so songs I already listened to on the first device aren't being repeated. Seems to be happening across all 3 of my devices, regardless of which device it's switching from/to.

Hey there,

Thanks for the help and the info.

Our tech team has confirmed this issue has been fixed. Could you make sure you're using the latest version of the app and if the issue is not fixed yet on your end start a new discussion in the relevant Help Board?

Thanks!

Comments
Sorry, I'm a little **bleep** off by people who says that the problem is Ubuntu. If you have a problem with the Windows version and the Android version, the problem is the app, but when it's the same problem with Ubuntu, oh, no support, not our fault.
If you don't like Ubuntu, I'll give you the Android version and the Windows version, respectivly 8.5.85.894 and 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1.
Jeremy

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation of the versions.

Is it possible for you to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

rich8t7
Hi Mihail

iPad 8th generation - iPadOS 14.2.
iPhone 7 - iOS 14.2
Spotify 8.5.86.739.
I don’t have access to another account.

Cheers,
Rich
Jeremy

Hey @rich8t7,

Thank you for your reply and for the information you've provided.

Can you let us know if you've followed the troubleshooting steps that's provided in the thread?

Also - it would be great if you can try with another internet connection.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • screenshots illustrating the discrepancies in the respective queues?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

For me:

- Windows 10 Professonal 20H2 with Spotify 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1 (version Microsoft Store)

- Ubuntu 20.04 with Spotify 1.1.42.622.gbd112320 (version official Debian/Ubuntu repository)

- Android 8.1.0 with Spotify 8.5.85.894 (version Google Play Store)

seanreddix

I'm having the same issue when switching devices.

Google Pixel 2 XL

Android 11

RP1A.201005.004.A1

Spotify version 8.5.89.901

Ranakkl

Hello, 

Mine is a bit long story.

First we had a problem where our songs would return to the first song every time we start a song. We wouldn't be able to play it unshuffled or for example "play by name" style.

Then that got fixed which was the worst one to be fixed hopefully. 

Now I have this problem. 

It doesn't matter which device I am using, every time I open up the app and start playing the song I was recently playing, the queue entirely changes. The way I get it temporarily fix is to press "name" 3 times to make it relisted by names and scroll and click to the song I was listening, then the queue fixes as I desire.

This is really annoying as I can't just simply open up the app and start the song right away... 

I hope it gets fixed asap. 

Thanks a lot for everyone who is working this out. 

For your information, I stop using Spotify's randomness. I implemented a little script that connects to my account and create a shuffled playlist from my main playlist.

It's written in Python and the user interface is not implemented, but it works. https://code.almtesh.net/Almtesh/spotify

Reverate

Same problem over here and I'm using the Windows & Android apps. I also have mine linked up as a family account but I don't see why that would make any difference, I only mention it because this has been open for a while with no resolution so it's either being completely ignored or the developers can't reproduce... But it's super easy to reproduce, you just start playing in shuffle mode and then use the in-app menu to change playback to a new device. Then you'll notice the queue is completely scrapped and everything that's already been played will be mixed in again.