Queue changes after switching device with Spotify Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Across devices

My Question or Issue

If I'm listening to a playlist on one device, then switch to another device using connect, the queue on the new device is the entire shuffled playlist. Expected is it would carry the queue over to the new device so songs I already listened to on the first device aren't being repeated. Seems to be happening across all 3 of my devices, regardless of which device it's switching from/to.

Hey there,

Thanks for the help and the info.

Our tech team has confirmed this issue has been fixed. Could you make sure you're using the latest version of the app and if the issue is not fixed yet on your end start a new discussion in the relevant Help Board?

Thanks!

Comments
Megbrod

Yea, not really sure what the point of the device synching if I can’t walk away and keep the same queue on my phone if it was synced already. Please make the queue continue. 

I have the same issue! It's SO ANNOYING, is this getting resolved? It's from July of last year! I'm paying for a premium subscription and this seems such a poorly designed thing for Spotify that is the biggest provider of streamed music!

Hey guys! Seem to have find a temporary solution, add a song on queue and then switch device when listening to that queued song. Try it and let me know!

Reverate

Nope it still causes the playlist to re-shuffle even when listening to a queued song.

I even got a video of it just to make everyone's lives a bit easier...

https://streamable.com/ir4xre

cooknt90

I was listening to a playlist on one speaker, and switched rooms/speakers & the queue changed. 

iPhone 11 iOS 14.4

Spotify version 8.6.8.1211

7FB6F013-3B67-4E12-B02B-7068E9ADD526.png

990F74F7-7F9D-4609-A60C-66983B01A9D8.png

zetpe

Hey, so how's it going? When can we expect one of the most basic app functionalities to be fixed? When can I finally trust the queue enough to put numerous EPs in it and not have it randomly cleared? 

Ivan

Hey @zetpe

Thanks for posting here. 

The right folks are still looking into this since we've provided them with all details reported by users in this thread. 

If you want to support our investigation make sure to provide us with the following info:

• make and model of your device and exact OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • screenshots illustrating the discrepancies in the respective queues

Once you've provided us with the requested details we'll pass them on to our team. 

Stay tuned! 

zetpe

A situation from a minute ago:

I've opened the mobile app, and the queue was gone. The app looks like this.

Screenshot_20210311-150816.jpg

Before I hit play on any song (which would have made the queue gone forever), I had logged into the web player. The queue in the web player was still there: 

IMG_20210311_150857.jpg

I don't even know if it has something to do with switching between playback devices anymore. Anyway, this happens to me all the time. Any ideas?

Alex

Hi @zetpe

Thanks for the reply.

Can you provide us with the info @Ivan asked for as well, as the team looking into this requires this info for further troubleshooting:

Cheers.

Reverate

I'm really struggling to understand how you guys can't reproduce.... but anyway since you asked for it the Desktop App version I'm on is: 1.1.54.592.gc0b20638 and the Android app version I'm on is 8.6.8.1094, the web player also has this issue as well as switching between Sonos speakers and any device. It's not a device specific issue and it's not a version specific issue.

This isn't an issue with manually added queue items, it's an issue when you shuffle a playlist, the play queue gets re-shuffled every time you change devices which means already listened to songs get shuffled back in again. If you manually add songs to the queue that section gets preserved. See the video I posted in a previous comment.

Edit: Just adding the device model info....

Windows 10 x64 -  Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Oneplus 7 Pro - Android 10, Security Patch Level: 2021/01/01, Google Play System Update: 2021/02/01, Oxygen OS version: 10.0.11.GM21BA

Sonos Beam/Move/Arc

Web version running in Google Chrome