Queue changes after switching device with Spotify Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Across devices

My Question or Issue

If I'm listening to a playlist on one device, then switch to another device using connect, the queue on the new device is the entire shuffled playlist. Expected is it would carry the queue over to the new device so songs I already listened to on the first device aren't being repeated. Seems to be happening across all 3 of my devices, regardless of which device it's switching from/to.

Hey there,

Thanks for the help and the info.

Our tech team has confirmed this issue has been fixed. Could you make sure you're using the latest version of the app and if the issue is not fixed yet on your end start a new discussion in the relevant Help Board?

Thanks!

Comments
arin212

Plan

Premium

Country

Japan

Device

Experia SO- 03L

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

The song queue is keep changing every time I switching my device Android phone <=> iPad.  My spotify version is 8.7.68.568
Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Can you confirm if you're still having issues?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

TomasMorton

@Jeremy all is working for me across android, pc and Sonos now. Something that wasn't immediately clear to me before is that I have to put songs into the Queue manually, as the "up next" gets shuffled every time I change device. While I find that weird, I have a workaround that isn't too bad using the queue. Thanks!

Nyrobee

@Jeremy still not working for me on Spotify connect devices.

Artrucho

@Jeremy the issue has been fixed for me as well, at least when switching between desktop version and Android.

xto4me

Spotify Connect works from my desktop computer allowing me to choose different speakers, including my smart phone.  I had this capability on my smart phone but now it does not function.  Using the smart phone, no other speaker is listed.  have re-installed the Spotify app, all devices are on the same WiFi.  Thanks for any help.  

Dian
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there,

Thanks for the help and the info.

Our tech team has confirmed this issue has been fixed. Could you make sure you're using the latest version of the app and if the issue is not fixed yet on your end start a new discussion in the relevant Help Board?

Thanks!