Queue changes after switching device with Spotify Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Across devices

My Question or Issue

If I'm listening to a playlist on one device, then switch to another device using connect, the queue on the new device is the entire shuffled playlist. Expected is it would carry the queue over to the new device so songs I already listened to on the first device aren't being repeated. Seems to be happening across all 3 of my devices, regardless of which device it's switching from/to.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • screenshots illustrating the discrepancies in the respective queues?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
LPHeadstrong

I'm on a OnePlus 6t (OxygenOS 11.1.2.2) with the latest Spotify (8.7.20.1261).

Same as @emmasaberhagen, I'm using a preconfigured playlist. Even tried it with just three songs. No problems when playing from my phone but as soon as I send it to a device (in my case Alexa) it's as if Enhance is turned on. I've tried turning Enhance on and off but no change.

Just noticed now that even if the playlist starts directly from Alexa it behaves the same.

I switch back to just my phone and all of the extra songs are gone.

It's just like a forced Enhance for external devices or something.

nr4894

Is the fact that "repeat all" doesn't repeat albums any more but apparently all songs by that artist a bug or intended change?

(I'm posting that here because your bug management situation here is so incredibly poor. I have things to do other than digging through nonsense for an hour before I can actually find something or write something. Also, the font size for this suddenly got huge and I don't know how it'll actually be rendered. Top team of engineers and UX people that you seem to have there... 👍)

Alex

Hey folks,

Great news! This should now be fixed 🙂

Can you please check if the issue is still present for your after updating the app to the latest available version.

Looking forward to your replies.

Reverate

@Alex  Thanks for the update - just tested now and it seems to be working! Honestly can't believe it took quite this long but very happy that it's been fixed, thanks!

emily825

@Alex I just tested this again and it's working. Thank you! 😊

mmd2500

@Alex I'm afraid it appears only half-fixed for me (on both Android v8.7.36.905 and Windows v1.1.86.857.g3751ee08).

When listening to a shuffled playlist, if I change to a remote device (Sonos soundbar), the queue order remains the same, but when changing back to the local device, the queue is always re-shuffled.

I've switched several times on both, and it happened every time.

Martiens
I have exactly the same
TomasMorton

This issue happens to me all the time when switching Sonos speaker via the Spotify android app. Super annoying to lose the ordered queue that I've created.

Nyrobee

@Alex Don't know why I still have this issue, using it with several Spotify connect devices in shuffle mode, changing devices recreates the queue without keeping the history in place. Android 11.

Env: prod