Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue disappears after closing the desktop app

We're receiving reports that this issue is also affecting desktop users and queued tracks are being removed after restarting the app on Windows and Mac.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
It plays a few songs then goes back to beginning
kragan13

I used to be able to just pick up from where I left off in whatever playlist I was playing, but now it only remembers the last song played and completely forgets whatever else it had coming up next. Please investigate as this is pretty inconvenient 

Example: I'll start playing a playlist at work, such as the "Chill Mix" or just anything else, eventually close Spotify at the end of the day and leave (but not turning off the computer, of course) and when I come back the entire queue, regardless of how much of the playlist was left, is completely gone. Only thing left was whatever song I left off with.

Crisaft

I have the same problem.

Every time I open spotify, whatever the song playing, at the end of the song playing, always restart the first song of the playlist

Joan

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Thanks in advance.

Moocin

Same here! Hopefully we get a fix soon, kind of annoying 😕

Tyler1001

My phone and Ipad have been doing the same thing for about two weeks now. I haven’t tried desktop but I want this to get fixed ASAP. It’s really annoying bc I forget ab it and then I play music and start driving and all of a sudden nothing plays at the end of the song. 

Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

We can confirm that the right teams are aware of this happening on mobile devices and they're currently looking into it. For those who are experiencing this on the mobile app, make sure to add your vote to the Ongoing Issue here by clicking on the Thumbs up icon. 

If you're experiencing this on the desktop app, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and device. 

Additionally, it's worth performing a clean reinstall by following these specific steps, if you haven't already. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

ARMMS

For desktop users, in which order should we perform the log out and reinstalled?

Elena

Hey folks,

As this issue should now be fixed on mobile, we’ve passed on the info that you experience this on desktop as well to the relevant team. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, could you make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.