Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue not working correctly when adding songs (iOS)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 6s

Operating System

IOS 11.4.1

Spotify Version

8.4.six nine.787 

My Question or Issue

As the subject says, the queue isn't working correctly.  If I pick a song on a play list, then open the queue and drag a song to the next position, then skip to that song, it plays.  But when I open the queue again, it shows the first song as still playing when it's not, and when I try dragging different songs around, it acts like it hasn't been modified at all when it has.

Basically, it's like the queue doesn't update after moving one song.  Which is a huge pain.

And before you ask, yes I restarted my phone.  And yes I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify.  So no, that won't fix it.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your reports and patience. 

This should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If the issue persists for you, please make sure to reinstall the app on your devices by following the steps here.

Cheers!

Comments
Katerina

Hey there @shayx987 and @MrSheikhyheadd,

Just to confirm, could you let us know the exact version of the Spotify you're currently on?

We'll be keeping an eye for your replies 🙂

/K

Briantye

I am on 8.4.sixty-nine (wow.....it bleeped it when i typed the number) on ios.

i_h-iffix2goh

Im using spotify version 8.4.sixty-nine.787 on IOS

nathanpasupathy

I’m having the exact same problem. Also when I try do remove a song from that list it doesn’t delete

shayx987

Hi @Katerina

I'm on version 8.4.70

Cpirish

Same issue, super frustrating.

iPhone 6s

OS 11.4.1

Spotify 8.4.70.686

MrSheikhyheadd
jaiiinanderson

Same issue! This has been going on for a couple weeks for me but I officially got fed up with it today & decided to investigate deeper. 

Iphone 7

IOS 11.4.1

sonnyd64

Device: iPhone X

Spotify version: 8.4.70.686

Can confirm I've been seeing the same thing for ~2 weeks; it will recognize the first update to the queue but nothing else until the queue is minimized and re-opened.

ljesralew

Having the same issue as others in this thread.

Device: iphone 8 plus

ios version: 11.4.1

spotify version: 8.4.70.686