Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue not working correctly when adding songs (iOS)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 6s

Operating System

IOS 11.4.1

Spotify Version

8.4.six nine.787 

My Question or Issue

As the subject says, the queue isn't working correctly.  If I pick a song on a play list, then open the queue and drag a song to the next position, then skip to that song, it plays.  But when I open the queue again, it shows the first song as still playing when it's not, and when I try dragging different songs around, it acts like it hasn't been modified at all when it has.

Basically, it's like the queue doesn't update after moving one song.  Which is a huge pain.

And before you ask, yes I restarted my phone.  And yes I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify.  So no, that won't fix it.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your reports and patience. 

This should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If the issue persists for you, please make sure to reinstall the app on your devices by following the steps here.

Cheers!

Comments
shayx987

Still having this problem even though I’ve updated to the newest version 8.4.71 

This is getting ridiculous. Please sort out the problem. 

Antoine_13

Device: iPhone 6SE

iOS: 11.4.1

Plan: Premium

Spotify: latest version (censored if written out)

I have relatively the same issue as mentioned above. More specifically, the issue comes when trying to reorder the queue as the first song I move is fine but every song after that just goes back to where it used to be in the queue.

Briantye

This is ridiculous.....get it fixed, your app is BROKEN.  Moving a queue around is basic functionality.  I am very disappointed in Spotify right now.

Edshiro

Same issue:

• Your device: iPhone 6s
  • iOS version: 12.0
  • Spotify version: 8.4.71.578
Edshiro

I also found out, that the last Queued Song is only invisible, when u have „2 Queues“. I cant describe it correctly so just watch the Screenshots.

When i remove the Track from the second queue „next from: Klassik“ the invisible Song magically appears in the First queue section! 

But still have the Problem, that the Song which is Played wont update correctly. This Problem is also mentioned in a comment before.

One queueOne queue

Two QueuesTwo Queues

TreJInfiniity

Same issue, queue only registers one update at a time untill i drop the screen

latest version of Spotify

iPhone 8 iOS 12

jddco

please fix this queue function , y’all killing my vibe out here with this bug 

heilfel

Same issue , I have a queue and when I move any song from the bottom to the first place, it doesn’t change , I mean it freezes.

brbratcher

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

When I add or move songs from the shuffle list into the queue, I can't then go delete songs from the shuffle list. I press the delete button and it registers that I pressed it, but the songs just stay there. Then the queue doesnt update as songs continue to play until I reset the app. I have deleted and redownloaded the app multiple times but nothing worked.

00Alicia00

I have had the same issue on my old iPhone 7 for weeks. Got the new iPhone XS two days ago and (of course) freshly downloaded Spotify again and I am still having that annoying problem. Please fix this soon.

Device: iPhone XS

Account: Premium

Device operating System: iOS version 12.0

Spotify version: 8.4.71.578

As you can see below, I moved songs from the queue to the normal playlist, but there  are still seven listed in queue (marked box on top on the right), even though you can only see one. Furthermore, when I select one of those moved songs, I can only remove it from the list. The „Add to queue“ is missing (see highlights).

CD9E9D36-1747-4A97-AA14-EFA22E2A3295.jpeg