Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue not working correctly when adding songs (iOS)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 6s

Operating System

IOS 11.4.1

Spotify Version

8.4.six nine.787 

My Question or Issue

As the subject says, the queue isn't working correctly.  If I pick a song on a play list, then open the queue and drag a song to the next position, then skip to that song, it plays.  But when I open the queue again, it shows the first song as still playing when it's not, and when I try dragging different songs around, it acts like it hasn't been modified at all when it has.

Basically, it's like the queue doesn't update after moving one song.  Which is a huge pain.

And before you ask, yes I restarted my phone.  And yes I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify.  So no, that won't fix it.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your reports and patience. 

This should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If the issue persists for you, please make sure to reinstall the app on your devices by following the steps here.

Cheers!

Top Answer
Loxer
Community Legend

Hey @yungcoffee@grazamataz@ricardorubio0@Cpirish,

Try it with the latest version of Spotify and please update to iOS 12.0.1

Thanks!

Comments
StressedBlob

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 5s

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

Hey, so, uh, around half an hour ago, my Spotify app started acting up. Specifically, in that “Next From” screen, where you can see (and edit) the songs coming up next, along with the songs you’ve added to your queue. 

The trouble is, Spotify is only recognizing one edit at a time. After a given edit, if I want it to recognize another edit on that screen, I have to drop that screen and raise it again, then do the other edit. I’ve also noticed it crashing after several of these tedious edits. 

I have closed and reopened the app, turned my phone off and on, and even deleted and reinstalled the app. I’m also on Spotify’s current version/update/whatever. I don’t really know what to do next. Please help.

Loxer

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

StressedBlob

Hello! 

Well, as I stated, I’ve already tried both of those. Neither worked. I also already listed my current OS, above my query. It was iOS 11.4.1. The current version of Spotify on my phone is 8.4.6 9. Sorry, those two numbers at the end are supposed to be together, but it got censored, so I edited them to be apart.

seagullroy

Plan: Premium

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue:

When I am trying to fix the queue during playback, the queue does not update. I will skip to the next song and the queue will not update. It will show that I am still listening to the last song even though when I close it it will show that I am listening to the song that is actually playing.

I also cannot remove tracks from the queue. Marking them and then clicking "Remove" does nothing. When I move tracks to play next they will not play and some other song that was up later on will play instead.

Very frustrating. I already deleted and redownloaded the app and it's still happening.

Hope someone can help.

rmmr08

Having the same issue, Galaxy s9, ATT, latest android.

uninstalled and restarted. 

Hoping someone has an idea..

Jemi
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hi folks, 

We're looking into this at the moment, but we need some more info. First, make sure to reinstall the app and restart your device. If that doesn't work, make sure to add a +VOTE and get back to us with the following:

• Your device
  • iOS version
  • Spotify version

NB: There is a separate thread for Android devices with this issue.

Thanks!

rmmr08
I already did that. It's insulting that you would think someone who knows to go to a forum, and took the time to do so, hasn't gone through the basic troubleshooting steps...
MrSheikhyheadd

Same issue, it’s driving me crazy 

Device: iPhone 7

Plan: Premium 

shayx987

Device: iPhone 7

Plan: Premium

The queue isn't working correctly. When I move one song up the queue, it plays okay but the queue doesn't update. And when I move several songs, the queue does not update at all, it remains unchanged, the changed songs are in their original place.

I have restarted my phone several times and redownloaded the app several times as well. Also the glitch isnt on any of my other devices, it is only on this device that I have mentioned above. 

Briantye

I have the same issue. I’m done with Spotify. Going to Apple Music