Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue not working correctly when adding songs (iOS)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 6s

Operating System

IOS 11.4.1

Spotify Version

8.4.six nine.787 

My Question or Issue

As the subject says, the queue isn't working correctly.  If I pick a song on a play list, then open the queue and drag a song to the next position, then skip to that song, it plays.  But when I open the queue again, it shows the first song as still playing when it's not, and when I try dragging different songs around, it acts like it hasn't been modified at all when it has.

Basically, it's like the queue doesn't update after moving one song.  Which is a huge pain.

And before you ask, yes I restarted my phone.  And yes I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify.  So no, that won't fix it.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your reports and patience. 

This should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If the issue persists for you, please make sure to reinstall the app on your devices by following the steps here.

Cheers!

Top Answer
Loxer
Community Legend

Hey @yungcoffee@grazamataz@ricardorubio0@Cpirish,

Try it with the latest version of Spotify and please update to iOS 12.0.1

Thanks!

Comments
Cpirish

ONE MORE WEEK. Not renewing after that. This is basic. Spotify clearly doesn’t care enough to fix a basic feature that all paid users expect. There’s too many other services available to deal with this **bleep**. Please...TELL ME TO UPDATE MY APP AGAIN!!!

Bugejo

Honesty just look at the latest version where this problem did not occur, than compare the code to the newer versions... There must be some hints in it.  

CHOCO_MODE

Screen Record

Same issue with my old iPhone 6S, same issue with my new iPhone XS Max. My sister's iPhone 6S has the same issue too. It's not a local app issue... It's been running for a few weeks (I'd say at least 3 weeks) on several devices.

I joined a screen record of the issue in this message.

I use the queue a lot and like managing the songs I add in it. So this issue is really frustrating me.

I gladly appreciate it to be fixed ASAP please 🙏

gudni77

iPhone 7 Plus

iOS 12.1 public beta 4

Spotify version: 8.4.75.664

I’m experiencing the same issues with queue as others have described. Queue doesnt update if I skip song unless I drop the screen. Queue doesnt follow the right song order if I reorder the list (for example move a song up the queue). After skipping it resets.

TreJInfiniity

I've been trying to find a fix for this for months and have had a premium subsription for years. Still haven't found a fix and will NOT be paying for a subsription that is bugged.

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience on the matter thus far. Our tech team are currently looking into this. 

In the meantime, make sure to keep your app updated. We will let you know as soon as we have more news!

Thanks again!

trig_onometry

Alright guys, so yeah, buck ahh problem. The fix for now: Fix your songs, go back to the regular song playing screen, minimize the currently playing screen, then bring it back up, and go back to the queue. If they’re not fixed, keep trying, skip around the songs, brining the current song screen up and down. You’ll get the hang of it.

heilfel

It seems it’s finally fixed.

shayx987

Hi the glitch seems to be fixed on my phone!

Thank you!!

gudni77

Can confirm its fixed on my iPhone 7+. Thank you!