Radio deletes current and following song when you hit dislike

On the latest Spotify update there’s a problem with the radio.  When I click on the ‘dislike’ button it deletes the current song and immediately deletes the following one too.  What’s going on here?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your feedback and reports so far.

This should be now fixed.

We’re always making improvements to the Spotify experience. Keep in mind that instead of disliking a song, you can now instead click the skip button to listen to another song in that Radio. This new look you’re seeing makes it easier to navigate and find the music you love.

Related Issues

Comments
Madnan30

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

When playing a radio and trying to dislike a song, it removes the disliked song from the radio and also the song next in queue.

This issue happened starting from the update to version 8.4.85

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Madnan30

Hi Loxer,

Thanks for your attention, unfortunately I tried uninstalling and restarting but didn't seem to fix the issue.

I am currently on iOS 10.3.3 and Spotify 8.4.88

I noticed that if my last action was a swipe left, the next song gets disliked. And if my last action was a swipe right, the previous song gets disliked.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @Madnan30,

That’s my pleasure:)

Is it possible to attach a video or screen recording while this happens?

Also, the current latest version of iOS is iOS 12.1.2 and the latest official Spotify release version is 8.4.88 (are you part of Spotify Beta? The latest Beta version is 8.4.89).

I’d recommend to at least update Spotify to the latest version.

By the way, have you had the chance to try this with another Spotify account?

Let me know how that goes.

Edit: 8.4.85>>8.4.88

Madnan30

Hello @Lexor,

Unfortunately I am still at iOS 10.3.3 and don't have the ability to record my screen.

I am at the latest version 8.4.88 but can try to join the beta program to check if this is still an issue, how can I join the beta program?

I'll also give it a try with another account tomorrow to see what happens.

Thank you :)

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @Madnan30,

Thanks for letting me know :)

You can join Spotify Beta for iOS here.

Let me know how it goes after you try with another acocunt.

timabel1
Casual Listener

I tried both things and it was the same - then I updated my IOS to 12.1.2 and reinstalled Spotify (8.4.88.280) and it’s gone completely haywire - skipping songs, sometimes deleting a previous one and constantly showing the ‘improving station’ sign...

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

We're seeing some reports about the Radio dislike function removing additional songs from the list, and we're investigating this. If you're also experiencing this, please do the following: 

If that doesn't help, get back to us with the following:

• Spotify version.
  • Device and OS.
  • Does this happen with all your Radio stations?
  • A video showing us what happens (if possible).

Thanks!

cypa
Regular

Reinstall/Restart didn't fix the issue. 

Spotify v8.4.89

iOS v12.1.2