Premium

Country

USA

Device

Computer

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I like to use the playlist radio feature to find new songs for my playlist, but recently I can't find the option anymore on my computer. I used to just press the ellipses to the right of the 'play/pause' button on the playlist, then I would press the 'go to playlist radio' button. But now I don't see that option, while I do still it on my android phone. Where is it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that we have rolled out a new Radio experience to all users. 

To find out more about how the new Radio works, head on over to this thread, where we've given a breakdown of the feature, as well as including a link for leaving any feedback that you might have about the feature.

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

140 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since two days I'm not able to create an album radio out of my album list. I used to right-click the album name and choose "Gehe zu Album-Radio" ("go to album-radio") and it worked fine for me! But since monday this option doesn't create a real radio, it just gives me a playlist called Radio without the possibilites provided by a real radio stream (thumbs up/down for songs, hearing music without time limit). Now I have to manually create the radio I want, which is very uncomfortable!

Is this a general Spotify-Problem at the moment or am I able to do anything to solve it? Would be great if this "go to"-option would be work again as it's meant to do.

I even made a screenshot to visualize what I mean.

Playlist Radio.png

Same here. What bothers me more is the missing "go to playlist radio" entry in the contextmenu when clicking on a playlist.

Same here, the option to 'go to playlist radio' has disappeared.

Seriously Spotify, I'm getting **bleep** off by these unanouced changes. When will you consider to respect your customers (premium user here) and stop removing feature that are used ?
Care to explain ?

I can no longer right click on my playlists and choose "go to playlist radio"!
How do I create a station based on a playlist now?

Bummer, hopefully it comes back. Was very useful! 

Hey @PelleChevelle

What version of Spotify are you on? I'm on 1.0.95 and I'm able to go to playlist radios.

You can see the version in Spotify: menu dots - Help - About Spotify.

I suggest reinstalling your Spotify client, follow this article for guidance. Maybe it's just a hiccup. 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My desktop version is 1.0.95.289.g342899da. This option is gone for me in both the PC desktop app and the Android app. 

This is really strange as I can still access the artist and song radios through their relevant menus. I found a workaround for now: if you go to Stations in the menu, unfollow any Stations that you follow, then a button will appear, 'Create a new station', that will allow you to do a search for a playlist.

I hope this is just a bug because this is one of my most used features!

@joejoinerr

I took a look into the Stations menu as well. The 'Create new station' appears when every followed station is unfollowed.

However, you can create a new station in the Radio menu too, without having to unfollow things:

In the Radio menu you'll see this 'Create New Station' button which opens the search tab on the right.In the Radio menu you'll see this 'Create New Station' button which opens the search tab on the right.

Are you on Free or Premium?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Yeah this works for the PC app. Can't access this same screen on Android though. And the easiest method - Go to playlist radio - still not working.

I'm on Premium. Thanks anyway

@joejoinerr

That's pretty strange!

Are you able to start playlist radio in the web player? It won't open the station page, but should start playing it, when you click the three dots and select 'Start Radio'.

If possible, try another Spotify user account and another internet connection just in case.

Let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Yes, it shows up in the web player and plays. 

For my account, I've tried both at home and at work, as well as force quitting the app and reopening on Android in both locations. My friend at work said he also doesn't see Go to playlist radio on the desktop app on his PC either.

Good evening, my name is JonyTech and I am a very intense user of this function, I thought the world was over when the opsion disappeared and on the computer too, I found that the web player option still works, I hope this is available soon, I am surprised the few people who use this opsion, it is very good to find new music, my alternative was the radio on the web and then I continued with my smartphone or the computer

Good evening, my name is JonyTech and I am a very intense user of this function, I thought the world was over when the opsion disappeared and on the computer too, I found that the web player option still works, I hope this is available soon, I am surprised the few people who use this opsion, it is very good to find new music, my alternative was the radio on the web and then I continued with my smartphone or the computer

Hey all,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We've received reports from users that can't start a Radio based on a playlist or album, or it does create a playlist but not how it's supposed to. Fox example without the like/dislike.

If you are experiencing this, please send us over the following (if you haven't yet):

• OS
  • Spotify version
  • Which Radio feature is missing/not working for you

We'll investigate and keep you all up to date!

Thanks and have a nice day.

"Go to playlist radio" is gone on Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8.1 (x64) (both client version 1.0.95.289.g342899da) and Android (client version 8.4.84.874). I've got a premium account.

Same issue here. Very disappointed because i loved this feature.

Win10 Pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Spotify Premium Version 1.0.95.289.g342899da

No "Go to Playlist Radio" when right clicking on a playlist.

Suggested posts