Radio not loading more songs when using Spotify Connect

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6 and a Yamaha RX-V481 AV-Receiver which supports Spotify Connect. I am living in Germany and got Spotify Premium from the german "Telekom"

Normal Music streaming over it works fine but once I try to listen to a Radio, it plays the few songs loaded when you start the Radio, but does not load more songs while playing (Screenshot 1). That leads to it stopping playing once it played the last song in the initial list (Screenshot 2). The behavior can be compared with the behavior of a normal playlist without shuffle and without repeat mode.
Once I turn Connect off and listen to the Radio on my phone, the Radio works like it should.
I also noticed that in the "now playing" view it does not show the radio station it currently plays when listening over Connect (Screenshot 3). While listening on the phone it does. I don't know if those issues are related.

I already tried updating the Firmware of the AV-Receiver and reinstalled the Spotify App without success. When using Spotify on Windows 10 it is the same. I never tried it with an other AV-Receiver or something like that because I don't have another one, but when I start an Radio on my computer and switch to my phone from there the Radio works fine, but I guess that cannot be compared as the phone can run Spotify on its own.

For me it loks like a problem with Spotify, so I tried it here first, but if it isn't, I can also try to contact the Yamaha support!
Screenshot_20161009-040751.png
Screenshot_20161009-040612.png
Screenshot_20161009-040739.png

Hey folks!

We've researched this quite a bit, and it seems users experience this if they're using a very old firmware on their speakers.

We'd recommend updating your device's firmware to the most up-to-date version, and giving things another shot.

Thanks for your patience while we confirmed this on our end.

Comments
mariobasa

Device:

Desktop

Operating System Version:

El Capitan

Spotify Version:

1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4

Description:

I am getting exactly the same issue as the one below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Radio-on-Android-endless-mode-gone-stops-aft...

as in my Radio Stations does not refresh and will stop when the last song in the list has been played.

This happens also to my Android phone and tablet.

To reproduce:

1. Go to a saved Radio Station
  2. List does not refresh
  3. Stops playing when the last song in the list is played.

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

I am a Premium subscriber but living in Japan at the moment where there is no Spotify service as of now.

mariobasa

Fogot to add that I was also casting to a Chromecast Audio device. When I stopped casting and played through the computer's speakers, radio started working correctly it seems.

gnovella16
Roadie
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there! 

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. 

Have you tried to reinstall the app? Also, if you try to cast from another devices, does the issue persists? 

Keep us posted.

mariobasa

Is reinstalling the app a canned response? I have the latest version of Spotify in all my devices.

Anyway, I think I can reproduce the problem:

1. start a radio station in a Macbook. Everything works perfectly.

2. open Spotify in an Android Tablet, and tell it to still use the Macbook for output.

3. in the Tablet, open the ongoing song and in Devices, choose a Chromecast Audio device.

4. Play last song in the list of the ongoing radio station. Spotify will stop after the song finishes and the radio list is not refreshed.

Steph_B
Roadie

Thanks for those steps.

Just to confirm, can you let us know the exact version of the app you're using on both devices?

Do this issue only occur when casting? 

If possible, give it a go using a different account and let us know if the same happens. 

Keep us posted. 

mariobasa

Have you even tried reproducin the problem first since you have far more resources than I have? 

Keep me posted.

Steph_B
Roadie

In this case, we'd need to pass this info on to our Dev team, can you let us know the exact version of the app you're using on both devices?

Also, can you confirm that this issue only happens when casting?

Thanks! :)

MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hi @mariobasa,

Our team is currently working on this, but some additional info would be super useful.

Could you let us know the exact version of the app you're using on your Android phone and tablet? Also, what Android version do you have installed? The latest 6.0 on both devices? 

Our best, 

thewall13
I also have the same problem with endless radio and casting to a chromecast one.
The radio stops loading new tracks if the App is connected to the chromecast.

Spotify Version: 5.3.0.995
Android-Version: 6.0.1

Greetings
Julian
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @thewall13!

Thanks for the info. We'll pass it on to the right folks.

Stay tuned for any updates :)