Announcements

Radio not loading more songs when using Spotify Connect

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6 and a Yamaha RX-V481 AV-Receiver which supports Spotify Connect. I am living in Germany and got Spotify Premium from the german "Telekom"

Normal Music streaming over it works fine but once I try to listen to a Radio, it plays the few songs loaded when you start the Radio, but does not load more songs while playing (Screenshot 1). That leads to it stopping playing once it played the last song in the initial list (Screenshot 2). The behavior can be compared with the behavior of a normal playlist without shuffle and without repeat mode.
Once I turn Connect off and listen to the Radio on my phone, the Radio works like it should.
I also noticed that in the "now playing" view it does not show the radio station it currently plays when listening over Connect (Screenshot 3). While listening on the phone it does. I don't know if those issues are related.

I already tried updating the Firmware of the AV-Receiver and reinstalled the Spotify App without success. When using Spotify on Windows 10 it is the same. I never tried it with an other AV-Receiver or something like that because I don't have another one, but when I start an Radio on my computer and switch to my phone from there the Radio works fine, but I guess that cannot be compared as the phone can run Spotify on its own.

For me it loks like a problem with Spotify, so I tried it here first, but if it isn't, I can also try to contact the Yamaha support!
Screenshot_20161009-040751.png
Screenshot_20161009-040612.png
Screenshot_20161009-040739.png

Hey folks!

We've researched this quite a bit, and it seems users experience this if they're using a very old firmware on their speakers.

We'd recommend updating your device's firmware to the most up-to-date version, and giving things another shot.

Thanks for your patience while we confirmed this on our end.

Comments
Melody

Hey folks!

Thanks for your responses here.

We've now passed all of this information and these details onto the team on the case.

Stay tuned and we'll be in touch as soon as we know more.

Thanks 🙂

MaryC1

Hey there,

We really appreciate your help on this issue. We've reported all the info you've been giving us to our devs team.

We'll provide an update as soon as we can. 

Thanks for your patience!

EstefanyA_Bog

Hey @mikeml!

Don't worry, we're working on it. Our developers are looking into this, and we'll keep everyone updated.

Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Melody

Hey folks!

Just checking in to let you know that this is still being looking into.

As soon as we have any more info, we'll let you know.

Thanks for bearing with us, and let us know if you're seeing any changes.

Take care, and have a wonderful day 🙂

Jim

Hey Guys!

Thanks for your patience with this. 

Our tech folks are still looking into this backstage, and we haven't any updates just yet. We'll keep you in the loop once we do hear.

Cheers!

Jim

Kayleigh

Hey everyone!

Our tech team are currently still on the case, so we haven't got any updates to share with you. However, we'll be sure to let you all know in this thread as soon as we have any info.

Thanks for waiting! 🙂

Kayleigh

FabianS_Bogota

Hey there!

We'd like to touch base regarding this topic and let everyone know that our developers are still looking into this. As soon as we get an update, we'll post it so you can have the news.

Thanks for bearing with us 🙂

FabianS_Bogota

Hi again!

The tech team is still looking into this, so we haven't got any updates at this time. We'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as we do!

Thanks for waiting 🙂

busterspot_pay

This is a total neglect in quality management! After 4 months still no solution? Radio is the main reason I have chosen to go premium, but if this isn't fixed within the next weeks (and not months!) I will change to google music. You guys should focus on fixing things before issuing new features!

muzeak

Same here.

Device:

Desktop (Mac)

Connect device:

N/A

Exact operating system version:

Exact Spotify version:

1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2

How you're starting Radio:

Open my own a playlist > Contextual menu > Select 'Goto Radio" > Play