Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio playback issues

Hi everyone,

We currently are receiving reports that the Radio feature based on Songs and Artists are unresponsive when pressing any song except the track that the Radio is based on.

Hey folks,

Thank you again for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are still looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Keeswade3

Plan

Premium Student

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 15.5

Radio Playlist won’t let me select a song even though I have a premium student account. Yes I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, even logout and logged back in. NEED A SOLUTION…HELP PLZ

Yordan

Hi @Keeswade3!

Could you share a short screen recording which shows this in action? That way we can get a clear idea of what's happening on your end. If possible, try logging in to another mobile device (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if the same issue is present there. You can also ask a friend or a relative who users Spotify to log in to their account on your device and try playing a radio playlist.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Cheers!

RalphCM89

Plan

Premium

Country

Costa Rica 

Device

Iphone 11

Operating System

(iOS 15.5)

My Question or Issue

Hello team/community.

Since the last 2-3 days I have been experiencing some issues specifically with any artist radio. Basically when I am connected to wifi, all songs are downloaded (normally done). However I cannot play any single song, only random play works.

Additionally, If I exit the radio and open another list and comeback to the radio it starts downloading all songs again, this happens over and over.

If I exit switch to another app and come back to spotify and open the artist radio it refreshes all songs and start downloading again.

With the exact same settings it was working at least fine on Sunday. Nothing has been changes on phone settings or version.

Thanks in advance. 

MintyFreshh

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 13 Pro, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus

Operating System

iOS 15.5, Android 12 One UI 4.1

My Question or Issue

I am having issues with the radio playlist on my iPhone and tablet. When I go to a song radio playlist and try to play a song it doesn't play at all. I have tried to play different songs in the playlist and none of them plays. It works fine on my desktop but not on my mobile devices. I have tried login out on spotify, closing the app, restarting the device, deleting cache, reinstalling the app. None of it works. I also notice the radio playlist on mobile list different songs compared to my desktop spotify. Most of the playlist songs are random songs and artist I've never heard of before. Also when playing a song on desktop radio playlist, when trying control the device on my tablet it shows the incorrect song playing and sometimes doesn't even show a song playing on my other device. I think there is some kind of error on my mobile versions.

Jeremy

Hi there @RalphCM89,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. This seems odd so let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you make sure that there's no old cache files that be causing this by following the steps here?

If the issue persists, can you let us know if you get the same behavior while using a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

Keeswade3

It won’t let me attach the video. 

Eni

Hey @MintyFreshh

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

You mentioned you already logged out and logged back in, but would you mind trying to log out and then log back in on the devices you're having issues, but this time twice in a row? We know it sounds odd, but this will trigger a sync between your account and your devices. 

On another note, just to confirm, have your tried reinstalling the app by following these specific steps?

If those steps don't do the trick, could you check if the OS of your devices is up-to-date?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ttaylor5814
No matter what playlist I choose (mine, someone else's, Spotify's, "radio", anything!!!) only one song will play and then I will get something totally random - typically something completely unrelated and that I haven't shown interest in (not on my liked list). It is maddening and happens on every device I have. I'm about to cancel my subscription.
MintyFreshh

I have just tried those steps but I’m still having issues on my mobile devices. I also have a Apple Watch if that makes any difference. I have deleted the app from all my mobile devices and restarted them. I have the latest software on my devices and made sure the Spotify is up to date

RalphCM89
Hi Jeremy

Hope you are doing well!

I have cleared the cache several times, I also removed all app data without success and finally uninstalled the application twice.

I will try on another device shortly. Tried on my smart TV several radios successfully, pending to try another mobile, however I don't think the device could be the issue otherwise, I could be facing issues also with the liked songs already downloaded or with the artist playlist which works fines.

For example This is Iron Maiden playlist is downloaded and works fine I can play a single song or random play. But Iron Maiden Radio keeps downloading over and over and I cannot play the song I want. Just random play works.

Thanks for your prompt response
Regards