[Radio] "Hide this song" button 🚫 does not work

Plan

Premium

Country

IE

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In the last update that I'm aware of, the icon for removing a song from a Radio changed. This was no issue but rather that clicking the new button that is now called "Hide this song" doesn't do anything. 
I'd like to ask one thing. Why change something that didn't need fixing? The previous button which was called "Remove song from radio" or something along those lines, worked perfectly fine and it helped tune a radio to the songs of a specific genre I was enjoying within the playlist I made the radio from.

It would just be nice to have something that worked. Like it already did.

2019-08-05_13-34-16.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
cbatomakeaname

There used to be a button that was called "Remove song from radio" or something similar to that but they removed it and replaced it with another button that doesn't work at all called "Hide this song". From what has been said in my post about this ( not about likes and dislikes just about removing a song from the radio which is what dislike did awell ) Spotify has decided to stop the radios being actual radios which would randomly play songs that were similar to what other people listen to based on that song. So radios are just another static playlist. If you listen to enough radios on spotify you will realise that this is true because it's the same 50 or so songs just shuffled over and over.

Setari

Cool, so, basically make huge playlists instead off working with a radio on spotify. Got it lol.

LunaFr0st

There was a Like and Dislike button when my playlist would go from playlist to radio, now I can't dislike songs so I constantly get songs I do not want to listen to and when I'm in the car I can't skip the song so i'm forced to listen to it till it's over and some of the songs are 5minutes almost. If I could get the Dislike button back it would help me get rid of those songs I don't like so when I am in the car I don't hear those songs

Capture.PNG
ZachariahK

This doesn't help at all OneByBoo. This is a feature that already existed, and we're trying to figure out if it's gone or if there is another way to address the issue. If you have information specific to whether this feature exists or not, and whether it has been removed, and when, and why, that would be helpful. Not vague generalizations.

grahamstinson

Me too. Used to work, now it's there and lights up on hover, but doesn't do anything when clicked. Clearly a bug - please fix.

sappyjam

also, the algorithm for playlist radios is **bleep** up. my whole playlist is downbeat and chill and the radio is like "ALRIGHT, TIME FOR SICKO MODE!"

grahamstinson

I was going to file that as a second issue, but why not - after all, it's the reason we need to use the 'Hide this Song' button anyway.

Vinnemans

Also been having this problem for quite a while. Any updates?

cbatomakeaname

No update. I've gone to support and they told me nothing of use. Just that they checked the bug and confirmed that it happens for them. Nothing about them forwarding the issue to the relevant team or moving this topic the the "Ongoing Issues" part of the forums.

At this point I've given up trying to get their attention on this matter. It's been an issue for way too long.

Vinnemans

Mind boggling that such a huge company can't even be bothered so fix these bugs.
I did found a workaround though. The button doesn't work on desktop, but it does work on the mobile app. It's a bit of a hassle, but at least I can still enjoy the radio function this way.