[Radio] "Hide this song" button 🚫 does not work

Plan

Premium

Country

IE

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In the last update that I'm aware of, the icon for removing a song from a Radio changed. This was no issue but rather that clicking the new button that is now called "Hide this song" doesn't do anything. 
I'd like to ask one thing. Why change something that didn't need fixing? The previous button which was called "Remove song from radio" or something along those lines, worked perfectly fine and it helped tune a radio to the songs of a specific genre I was enjoying within the playlist I made the radio from.

It would just be nice to have something that worked. Like it already did.

2019-08-05_13-34-16.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
KlausPeter

With version 1.1.35.458.g891674f3 on Windows 10 the button now has a function again for me, too. But the playlist radio still keeps adding some of the tracks I already voted out of the radio and the new suggestions don't really fit to the songs in the playlist sometimes.

Edit: Also, the suggestions or songs added to the radios based on playlists seem to be the same in most of my radios (which emphasizes the point mentioned above about songs not fitting in the radio). At the moment I have to hide 5-10 songs until one or two fitting songs appear.

Unvers

I remember that years ago on the radio you could put thumb down or thumb up and based on what the radio would have adapted to your tastes, I was very sorry when this feature was removed, thumb down automatically meant also removing the song from the radio and less songs similar to that song that appeared while thumb up favored the appearance of similar songs.

Unvers

Have you noticed that the infinite radio is only available for playlists now? The radios of the individual songs are playlists, oh well maybe it's better this way.

Elena

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your patience!

With the help of your reports and info, this issue should be fixed now.

Can you make sure that you have the Spotify version - 1.1.35 or later and check if you get the feature?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

nikiika

Yup, 1.1.35 now let's me click on "Hide this song" and removes it from the playlist radio.

But like other users have mentioned, when you click on "Go to Song Radio" on a specific song, you now get a playlist with 50 songs instead of the endless song radio, and the cover picture still says "<song name> RADIO". New bug?

Unvers

I don't think it's a bug but wanted, probably for savings, I don't want to criticize Spotify saying this, I also liked having infinite radio even for a single song but probably they would have seen that it consumed too many resources and in that case they preferred to do the software create a normal playlist, in theory you can get around this by creating a playlist with a single song I think and start the radio.

KlausPeter

I've tried the "working" Hide this Song feature for a few days now and eventhough the actual button has the function to remove the song from the queue of the radio, the songs keep reappearing for me. Has anyone else this problem? I'm on Windows 10 Home 2004 Build 19041.329 with Spotify version 1.1.35.458.g891674f3.

Landa82

The button indeed seems to be working. Thanks!

But there seems to be other issues with the playlist radio feature, that may have to be addressed in another thread. Some being hidden songs reappearing, created playlist radio stations not showing up in the Radio-section and stations not being representative of the playlist they're based off.

Peter
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Prismahtic

I was making a queued list when I accidentally marked a song to be "hiden" I searched it back and added it to my liked songs and cant play it. I've tried to unlike it and re like it, made sure I'm updated to the latest version and restarted/reinstalled the app and it's still grayed out and unplayable but when I search the song i can listen to it just not when i add it to my liked songs. I also made it "un hidden" but still is grayed out and won't change back