[Radio] "Hide this song" button 🚫 does not work

Plan

Premium

Country

IE

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In the last update that I'm aware of, the icon for removing a song from a Radio changed. This was no issue but rather that clicking the new button that is now called "Hide this song" doesn't do anything. 
I'd like to ask one thing. Why change something that didn't need fixing? The previous button which was called "Remove song from radio" or something along those lines, worked perfectly fine and it helped tune a radio to the songs of a specific genre I was enjoying within the playlist I made the radio from.

It would just be nice to have something that worked. Like it already did.

2019-08-05_13-34-16.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Bulletbling1

Having same issue on WIn10 latest Spotify.

Justin_O
+1 same issue
chewPpaTeam
+1 same issue.
zautnerc
+1 Same issue. Also, my radio station is the exact same every time I play it. Not much of a radio station. Just a playlist.
Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reports about this.

Just to avoid confusion, if you're not seeing a "Remove song" button in Radio playlists, this is expected behaviour. We recently changed the way that Radio works - you can read more about the changes here.

If you're experiencing the issue with the "Hide this song" 🚫 button in Radio stations not working, then we wanted to let you know that we've passed this on to the right team, who are currently looking into it.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

smcatub

It is perfectly normal and reasonable that a $20 billion company would take two months to notice and respond to this issue. You're doing a great job, Spotify.

cbatomakeaname

Thank you for finally getting around to this. Much appreciated.

I've actually spoken with Martin on the executive team at Spotify regarding this, who is a fantastic person by the way, and they are indeed looking into it. A little more patience and it will get resolved. 

Juksteri

It's still not working for me on pc. On andoid phone the button kinda works. It skips the song and says: we won't play this song on this playlist, but the song still comes every now and then, so it really doesn't work properly. This is kinda frustrating, 'coz i mostly listen to playlist radios.

some_guy_001

Same problem, as it stands now my radios are just completely unenjoyable because I keep getting the same songs fed back to me without any way to get rid of them (on windows). I've noticed on my mobile app (Android) that the hide this song button does "work", however songs that I've hidden just come right back on the next radio load making the feature worthless.