Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] "Hide this song" button 🚫 does not work

Plan

Premium

Country

IE

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In the last update that I'm aware of, the icon for removing a song from a Radio changed. This was no issue but rather that clicking the new button that is now called "Hide this song" doesn't do anything. 
I'd like to ask one thing. Why change something that didn't need fixing? The previous button which was called "Remove song from radio" or something along those lines, worked perfectly fine and it helped tune a radio to the songs of a specific genre I was enjoying within the playlist I made the radio from.

It would just be nice to have something that worked. Like it already did.

2019-08-05_13-34-16.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
fuvion

lacking the ability to skip the trash music that radio tries to throw at me is about to make me get rid of spotify premium and just go back to downloading/pandora

cbatomakeaname

OP here. How are we all doing?

You know, there's one thing that I've learned from this thread. It's that no matter how much faith, or how much patience (and subscription money) I keep giving to Spotify, for them to fix all the little issues that you see in all the threads in this forum. Nothing is going to come of it. Just like everything in life that has a price tag on it. As long as I'm paying, you lot will never give a rats ass about my concerns for your product.

AllLivesMatter, **bleep**TheCorporations and PeaceOut.

grahamstinson

Just wanted to post here that I'm back on Pandora Premium and it feels like I'm home after a long trip through a land where nobody really understood or cared about me.

Sure, it has some shortcomings - like it doesn't have absolutely every album or song I can think of. But the algorithm is great, and the thumbs-up and thumbs-down buttons actually work. My stations are awesome and I don't have to put up with music I hate and being overactive on the skip button. It's wonderful.

Just thought you all should know. Carry on bravely.

amazingakita

I'm having the same problem in Daily Mixes - there's a song I've marked as "Do not play", however it's turned up 4 times in the playlist since then.

EdwinX

With the latest update this issue has been fixed for me. The button now does something, it hides & removes the selected song from the radio.

grahamstinson

I got excited and downloaded the latest update (1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 on MacOS). Still the same problem. Button is there, clicking it does nothing.

EdwinX

@grahamstinson I'm on 1.1.35.458.g891674f3 (Windows). I assume it's being rolled out to Mac soon.

sgreene822

So it's June 19th of the following year and you still haven't figured this out????? It's time to look for another digital music service.

KlausPeter

On my phone (Huawei P20 Lite Android 9.1, Spotify Version 8.5.62.904) it seems to be working again. But on my desktop pc and my notebook I'm still waiting for an update to be released. I am still on 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 with latest Windows 10 2004 Build 19041.329. Hoping to get version 1.1.35 as @EdwinX already got it. 

Unvers

Finally it has also been fixed for me, I have the desktop version with Windows 10 and by pressing the button what happens is the song disappears from the list, I am curious now to see if it really works or I find it later in the list of songs of the radio.

Better late than never.