Announcements

Radio songs limited, shuffle not working

In the last few days there has been a weird change in Spotify's user-interface for radio stations.  The menus used to say "Start Artist/Song Radio," and when you clicked that option a radio station would start playing songs on shuffle, showing album covers and allowing you to thumbs up/thumbs down.  Now the menus say "Go to Artist/Song Radio," and clicking takes you to a playlist instead of what the kind of radio station I described above.

There is no shuffle, and the playlists are much smaller than what I thought a radio station would be working with.  Is nobody else having this problem?  Radio does not seem to be working at all.  If you think I've changed a setting that might be causing this, please tell me.  Thanks.

Hey there!

Some changes where made to our Radio feature recently.

We'll make sure to pass your feedback along to our team.

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Comments
mmems

I've got the same issue. Select an artist > Go to Artist Radio > Play
It will start a playlist with 15 related titles.

But often, only few more titles are added ~15, then the playlist stop playing

Steph_B

Hey there!

In case you haven't tried it, make sure to reinstall the app following these steps.

If using a Windows OS, we'd also recommend deleting the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ and C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ folders.

It'd be best if you also restarted your device before installing the app again.

Let us know how it goes. 

edyeary

Device:

Operating System Version:Windows 10

Spotify Version: 1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4

Description:Limited amount  of songs loading and station stops playing

To reproduce:

1. Search artist
  2. Click "artist radio" in results. little dots menu

Workaround:

Additional information:

Some load more songs than other. Before I could listen to an artist station foever seemed like. Now I'm good to get 20 minutes. Songs just simply aren't loading. I'm using the app by the way.

gnovella16
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey there! 

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. 

Does this happen with all Radio stations? If so, a reinstall is worth a shot. 

Let us know if it helps. 

edyeary

Yes and I have done a reinstall. Other users are reporting the same problem. Artist or song radio loads a small playlist and then stops after the last song.

mmems

The problem comes from some tracks which don't play ("Unable to play track") and you can't play the following track (the next button is ineffective). Also sometimes the next tracks take time to be added to the playlist and the radio stops after the last remaining track

Steph_B

Thanks!

Just to confirm, if you use a different device, does the same happen?

If possible, test this out using a different account.

Let us know how it goes. 

mmems

This happen again.

This time I've got screenshots:

Radio bugRadio bug

Radio bug (radio screen)Radio bug (radio screen)The radio suddenly stop playing after the track "You Don't Know Me......" played. The status is "playing" (green "pause" button, see also the 2nd screenshot). The next, and the previous buttons can't be use anymore. Click on pause then play buttons don't do anything too.

jsegna
by Moderator
on ‎2016-03-21 12:56 PM

@chizdippler Hey there!

Radio is still an available feature, but the way it's presented has changed. 

Just choose a track/artists/album/playlist, and select Start Radio.

You'll be shown a playlist, that displays 15 songs at a time. As you progress through the playlist, more tracks will show. 

When listening to a track of the playlist, you'll be able to see the thumbs up/down icon. When thumbing down a track, it will stop playing and move on to the next one on the playlist, just like before.

We hope this clears things up and we'll make sure to pass your feedback along to the team. 

Erunest

Same goes for me. On every Device. I have 3 devices - Tablet, Smartphone and PC - and i get 15 tracks. When i skip, it just begins from the beginning again. if i just let it play through, it stops