Radio voting broken when playing on another device

Device:

Macbook Pro Retina, Custom Intel-based computer

Operating System Version:

Mac OSX 10.10.5, Windows 7

Spotify Version:

1.0.15.133.gf21970bd, 1.0.15.133.gf21970bd

Description:

I am unable to use the thumbsup/thumbsdown controls normally present in the Radio display when playing on another device

To reproduce:

1. Open Spotify on both devices
  2. Start playing on the Mac
  3. Select the Windows computer from the "playing on" menu in the bottom right
  4. Skip a song
  5. The radio display no longer updates on the mac, and doesn't show up on the PC either. The "Now Playing" section is updated correctly, but the Radio section is not
  6. Switch playback back to the mac
  7. Skip a song. Radio advances to the next song, but the Radio "coverflow" advances one song from the last song that was played on the mac. So it's effectively behind by however many songs you played on the remote machine (see second screenshot)

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

N/A

spotify_radio.png

spotify_radio_2.png

Hey folks, this is working as intended. If you'd like to see a change in the way this works when using Spotify Connect I recommend making a thread in our Idea Exchange. We can then pass the feedback on to our internal teams, thanks!

Comments
EinHamburger

In the current version the like dislike function is not working any more. The buttons are disabled.

An older problem: "Next Song" button:
When clicking it right beside the cover in the radio section, only the current song and cover are moved forward but the cover in the radio section remains the same.
This happens most often after using the "Next button" several times and Connect is used to play on my receiver or Andriod Phone .

Windows pro 8.1, 10
Desktop version 1.0.15.133,
premium user

Also installed v 1.0.15.133 on a brand new installed Windows 10 with the same results.

Similar problems where in the past on the Android App but version 3.7.0.833 seems to work fine now.

@Spotify : Please repair it as well

We love Music AND Spotify

meahtenoha

Thanks guys, I'm escalating this one for you. 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey folks, this is working as intended. If you'd like to see a change in the way this works when using Spotify Connect I recommend making a thread in our Idea Exchange. We can then pass the feedback on to our internal teams, thanks!

mihasya

@meahtenoha it is intended that the coverflow is completely out of sync with what's actually being played? I don't think the report was read very carefully. There is no way that is correct.

mihasya

Now it just fell out of sync while playing on my MacBook, no cross-device activity. Just sitting here, listening. Skip a song, this happens:

spotify_radio_3.png

GameBroAdvance

@meahtenoha wrote:

Status changed to: Not an issue Hey folks, this is working as intended. If you'd like to see a change in the way this works when using Spotify Connect I recommend making a thread in our Idea Exchange. We can then pass the feedback on to our internal teams, thanks!

The steps mentioned above to reproduce the bug do not align with the issue being described in the title of this thread. In regards to thumbs up/down becoming unusable, I find it highly unlikely it is working as intended.

How to actually reproduce the issue being described in the title:

1. Run the Spotify application on your computer (it doesn't matter what device you start with, but for simplicity in this example I will choose one, the computer)

2. Begin playing a radio station through the application.

3. While the radio station is playing, open the Spotify app on your phone.

4. Choose to continue playing the radio station from your phone rather than your computer.

At this point the bug will have taken effect and you are now unable to use thumbs up/down buttons on either your phone or computer. It doesn't matter if you choose to go back and make the radio continue playing on your computer where it was initiated, the buttons will not be responsive.

This is a problem because it removes the ability to "improve" the station through the use of thumbs up. This is particularly a nuisance for those who like to use their phone as a controller of sorts while the audio is playing from a different device. It's a really cool and useful feature to have, and the reasons for why someone would play the radio in this manner are varied. To provide an example of my own, it isn't ideal to constantly alt+tab out of applications (this can cause certain applications to become unresponsive) in order to thumbs up a song when I could simply do so from my phone. In any case I can't imagine a scenario where it would be working as intended for buttons to lose their functionality entirely.

The only current method I'm aware of to resolve the issue is to start playing a new radio station, but again, as soon as you start playing it on a different device the problem occurs.