Random pausing or playing in web, app and desktop players

I have Mac desktop player, chrome web player and android's phone app. Sometimes spotify just starts playing music on its own or pausing it without reason. Sometimes it also changes the source on its own or just goes on to some random playlist that I've listened weeks ago.

Mac Desktop player is also pretty much broken. It takes very long time to load playlist or band pages and it doesn't play all the songs or it takes also time to process. I have installed it again and updated it many times but no change.

It's been like this at least 8 months. I hate to pay every month for something that is this broken. 😞

Hey everyone,

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Mara_F
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @dragonfly196

Welcome to the Spotify Community. We're sorry you feel this way and we'll try our best to get your app rocking. 

Can you let us know the Spotify versions on the different devices you're having trouble with, along with their exact operating systems? Also, have you tried restarting your computer and router? Does that help? In the meantime, let us know if you're on a shared WiFi network.

We'll see what we can suggest. 

dragonfly196
Casual Listener

I have version 8.4.32.623 armV7 on my Honor 7 phone. 

1.0.72.117.g6bd7cc73 on Desktop for Mac (OS X El Capitan)

I have tried to restart my computer and router. I'm not sharing wifi with anyone and on phone I use different mobile 3G connection. Seems weird that the problem is in all of the devices or apps so it must be Spotify's or my user account's fault. I've never shared the account with anyone though.

Hopefully it gets fixed somehow. Thanks.

Mara_F
Roadie

Thanks for that info @dragonfly196

Looks like you're rocking an older version of Spotify on your Android device, can you give it a reinstall? Also, can you head here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/ and click Sign Out Everywhere? We'd also recommend changing your password before you follow the steps to something super secure, just to be safe. 

djtonamex
Music Fan

Maybe you are running an older version of Spotify on your Android device.

dragonfly196
Casual Listener

Ok, I'll install the new one. Still I've had this problem since at least last summer and I've updated that app a couple of times and it still does it. Same goes with the desktop app, just yesterday I updated it but today it was still randomly pausing and loading times are very long.

I've also tried that sign out thing and reinstalling the app.

I'll change the password too, just in case.

djtonamex
Music Fan

So, have you tried in other computer or in other phone. ( not yours). Just, to verify that your account is ok.

Mara_F
Roadie

Thanks for that extra info @dragonfly196

Have you tried using a different WiFi network? Does it work? @djtonamex has a point, is there any way you can try using your account in a different device? 

We'll see what we can suggest. 

djtonamex
Music Fan
Yeah! You need to do that.!!
Mara_F
Roadie

@dragonfly196, give it a shot. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

William_13
Gig Goer
Status changed to: Closed

Hey everyone,

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Related Issues