Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random podcasts are unplayable

We're receiving reports from folks, who are unable to play random podcasts on mobile and desktop app. When playing podcasts, the progress bar is stuck at 0:00. There are no issues when playing music though.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
spamfilter196

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Iphone SE Gen 2

Operating System

(iOS 15.4

My Question or Issue

I've stopped being able to play certain podcasts on both my Iphone and Windows desktop app. The episode shows the pause button once selected, but not sound or movement of the timestamp bar/progress in episode. I'm still able to play music. I've done a clean install on both devices, but the problem still exists. Examples of podcast channels/episodes not able to play include https://open.spotify.com/episode/0c2CD84nu2sfIuFVQwXGmj?si=9abacd01d5d84eb0 and https://open.spotify.com/episode/5DpctTHzgJUmlQta7ljNIH?si=c87b12e4003c4e69 . 

OnasilosTTV

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My spotify wont let me play podcasts. I have no problem playing music but when i try to play any podcast it wont load it (i have tried on wifi and data)

dannnymurphy

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Iphone XR

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play a couple of podcasts that I regularly listen to ("Sibling Rivalry" with Bob and Monet and "The Bald and the Beautiful" with Trixie and Katya). Other podcasts and music seem to work just fine, but these two podcasts in particular are giving me issues. I have deleted the app, done a "clean delete" of the app where I cleared cache and offloaded the app before deleting, and restarted my phone several times in an attempt to fix the issue. 

aebishop

I'm having the exact same problem, except it actually started as just a few podcasts but now seems to have become all of them. I also tried everything imaginable to fix it which means it definitely has to be an internal issue. Really really frustrating.

M3l1k3f00d

Plan

Free

Country

United states

Device

Samsung note 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Podcasts are not working at all be it downloading them or listening to them.

MaryOfMagdala

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

TCL 10L 

Operating System

Android 11

Episodes of the NoSleep podcast will not play or download for me, starting from epsidoe 16 of Season 7 and up until episode 22 of season 8 (that I have tested so far).  All previous episodes, even episode 15 of season 7, play and download just fine. So far, I have:

- closed and opened the Spotify app

- logged in and out of my account several times

- attempted to play/download unwilling episodes using data and WIFI- 

- advanced unwilling episodes past 0:00 and hit play

- attempted to play on Web Player 

- logged in and out of Web Player

- attempted to play on the Desktop app

- attempted to play only ep16s7 on ANOTHER account on ANOTHER device (iPhone); it did not play

I'm annoyed, and I dimly recall having had to skip many episodes the first time I listened to this Podcast all the way through. I would like to avoid the uninstalling, since others on other devices also can't play that specific episode, though they have not checked the other episodes as I have.

wd8md8xjg9eesfmykcee

This just happened to me as well.

kritarth

I have the same issue with Dr. No sleep and the scp experience podcast

Kiril
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• your country
  • device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • what troubleshooting steps have you done
  • URI(s) to the unplayable podcast(s)

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

5p1k3

Hello,

same here:

Cheers