Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Randomly stops, randomly closes, doesn't start next music

On android it constantly randomly stops, randomly pause and/or closes entirely. If it pause and you press play it closes the app. When a song is over, the next one in a playlist doesn't come on unless you go back into the app. This is really frustrating and irritating when hosting a party or in the shower. I don't know if this is a tatic to get people to pay for monthly or to buy an Apple device (because spotify on Apple has better product use quality). Also, those opportunities you get to watch an add and receive those "ad free music for 30 minutes" most does not in fact lasts 30 minutes. I've done my experiments on that. Maybe this is why people uses Pandora more over this.

Hey!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, let us know.

Take care 🙂

Comments
Leitoenuk1

I'm having the same problem,  plus when I search it keeps on downloading /searching for ever and the  info youre looking for never comes up. 

Really frustrating,  think I'm leaving Spotify for good. 

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Bblordan and @Leitoenuk1, welcome to the Community!

What devices, Spotify versions, and operating systems are you both using? Also, how long has this been happening for? What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

About the 30 mins of ad free music, did the app crash at any point during the 30 minutes? That can cause the ad-free time to reset.

We'll see what we can suggest once we have this info.

Aimee_T
Status changed to: Closed

Hey!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, let us know.

Take care 🙂