Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Only the web player affects home hub shortcuts

Everything is enabled/allowed.

589BC11A-CEFB-494E-AD41-6562062DF725.jpeg

And that doesn’t explain why listening music on any of my desktop apps don’t affect the shortcut suggestions. Maybe that's because Recently Played music doesn't sync to the web player as well? So if web player doesn't see any listening history then it doesn't offer anything new in the shortcuts as well?

I did a video for you. Explanation to the video:

1. I start playing Your Time Capsule in my Mac's desktop app.

2. Then I open the web player where it shows Your Time Capsule in the Recently Played section

3. Then I switch back to the desktop app and close it

4. Then I switch back to the web player and refresh the page

5. And the Your Time Capsule is gone from the Recently Played section in the web player

Notice the other playlists in the Recently Played section. I listened to them in the web player and they synced to the desktop and mobile apps just fine.

So yeah, it seems to be that something is broken with history sync between platforms and that also affects the shortcut suggestions.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and all your info.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks for your understanding!

Comments
Briantheodor

My Home screen Good Morning / Evening playliste hasn’t changed / updated for over a month now. 

48F3BEA4-CEE7-46F7-98F8-22ED158E7581.png
Jeremy

Hi there @Briantheodor,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you check if the same thing happens on another device? That way we can see if it is device-related issue.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

Briantheodor

I've already deleted and re-installed the app, nothing changed. 

The shortcuts doesn't change when I play on iPhone app or MacBook app, but I've figured they does change, when I play using the web player.

Jeremy

Hi again @Briantheodor,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you double you're running the latest operate systems on the devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

Briantheodor

Yes, lavest operation system on borg MacBook and iPhone 11

Jeremy
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:
  • device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • do the shortcuts update when you use the web player

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

AeroZ

@Jeremy 

Macbook Pro with Catalina 10.15.7 with Spotify 1.1.59.710.g134abcca-a

PC with Windows 10 21H1 with Spotify 1.1.59.710.g134abcca-a

iPhone 11 with iOS 14.5 with Spotify 8.6.28.448

Shortcuts update fine when listening with web player.

What I also noticed is that listening history shows differently when using the web player. Shortcuts, Recently Played and listening history might be related to each other.

When listening with the web player then under listening history playlist/album icons are also shown with bigger image and songs are smaller below it:

IMG_1687.png

But when listening with mobile or desktop apps it just shows a list of songs and nothing else:

IMG_1688.png

Just checked my wife's Spotify. She only listens to music using her iPhone and her listening history looks the way mine does when I listen to music with the web player.

AeroZ

Any update regarding this issue? The shortcuts are pretty useless if they only update if I listen to music on the web player.

graziaaaaaa

Hi, I am also having this issue. 

I've done the clean reinstalls that were suggested. I'm using an iPhone 11 running the latest iOS and Spotify 8.6.28.290, as well as a MacBook with the latest OS and the spotify desktop app.

The shortcuts update when I am using the web player (or other external device, for me they also update when using spotify on playstation), but not the iOS or desktop apps. The screenshots posted in this thread are also consistent with what my listening history looks like when listening in the web player vs. the apps. 

Serialkvetcher

Device: iPhone X, iOS 14.6

spotify version 8.6.28.690 

Issue: reinstall didn’t fix the problem. Those shortcuts up top never update. I do not use the web player, so this is related to the iOS app.