Recently played artist not updating

My Question or Issue

Since five days back, my recently played artists as seen on my profile are not updating properly. Before, it was instantaneous, now maybe 7-8 hours delay. Sometimes my library updates, but not the artists shown in my profile. Same with friends profile, very annoying. I see some old topics with this and that is has been "fixed" - any solution anyone? I have tried deactivating in settings and activating, restarting, reinstalling, nothing works.

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS and Windows 10

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We’ve passed this on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

In the meantime, could you confirm that using a different account shows the same results?

If so, please make sure to provide us with the following info:

• device(s) + OS version
  • exact Spotify version(s)

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Related Issues

Comments

Hey there @Gina525-Origina,

Thanks for testing this with a new account! 

It'd be helpful if you can answer these questions:

1. Can you confirm if you've tried how Recently Played appears in your new account on another device?
  2. Also, can you list the exact troubleshooting steps you've tried, so we know from where on to tackle this? 
  3. Does Recently Played not update at all? Or does it update with a delay? 

Thanks in advance!

Gina52561
Casual Listener

This is not solved!!! The above solution did not work for me.

arkery

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android

My Question or Issue

Recently played artists are not updating as of the latest update (last week of November 2019) for me. Issue is persistent on both the Android app and windows 10 desktop client.

I have already attempted clearing my cache and Forced log off of all my devices. 

Hey @Gina52561,

Thanks for confirming and sorry to hear the solution didn't work for you. 

Could you answer the questions from my previous post? That would help us figure out why this issue might be happening. 

Let us know also n what type of devices you've tried this on, plus their OS and Spotify versions. 

Thanks in advance!

Sandyed

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Huawei P10

Operating System

Android

The recently played artists section in my profile has not been updating for over a week now and I don't understand why. I've tried hiding/unhiding my recently played, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, resetting my password, listening on other devices (on iPhone 6S and desktop version on Macbook Pro)... I'm running out of ideas. Help please!

user-removed
Not applicable

Premium user here. Many of us are experiencing this problem and we've tried every step that's been suggested, from reinstalling the app to clearing the cache. My recently played artists page hasn't updated in 2 weeks. It's absolutely appalling that this problem still hasn't been fixed.

user-removed
Not applicable

Also, please remove "Solved" from this thread. It's misleading.

user-removed
Not applicable
Many of us are experiencing this problem and Spotify continues to ignore it. Some of our RPA pages have been frozen for weeks.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for jumping in this thread! 

The post that was marked as a "Solution" has worked for some users and that's why they voted for it as a solution 

Could you play several artists in a row and let us know the following:

1. Does neither of these artists appear in Recently Played? 
  2. Do some of them appear on the last place of Recently played?
  3. The exact steps you've tried (briefly listed).
  4. Your Spotify version. 
  5. Your device.

Keep us in the loop!

user-removed
Not applicable

@Petya

1. The order of recently played artists hasn't changed for 2 weeks.

2. Artists that are currently low down on my recently played list do not move up when played. Basically not a thing has changed on my recently played artists page for 2 weeks.

3. I've deleted the app, reinstalled it, logged out/in again, toggled the "show recently played artists" option, cleared cache, reset password. I've done all of this numerous times and nothing has worked.

4. 8.5.34.644. 

5. MacBook Pro / iPhone.