Recently played artist not updating

My Question or Issue

Since five days back, my recently played artists as seen on my profile are not updating properly. Before, it was instantaneous, now maybe 7-8 hours delay. Sometimes my library updates, but not the artists shown in my profile. Same with friends profile, very annoying. I see some old topics with this and that is has been "fixed" - any solution anyone? I have tried deactivating in settings and activating, restarting, reinstalling, nothing works.

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS and Windows 10

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your recent reports of this happening.

Just so you know, the tech team has been working on this backstage and it should now be fixed for everyone.

If you are still experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure your device and operating system are up-to-date, as well as giving your Spotify and browser a refresh.

Also there is this ongoing issue regarding the Recently Played section on the Home page. If that's something you're experiencing, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

If you have any further questions, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Sonorat

I tried every recommended step and I still have this issue in the Home page. In detail:

• Spotify Desktop, version 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a, Windows 10: Does not work
  • Spotify Desktop, version 1.1.10.546.ge08ef575, Linux (Fedora 31), Snap, Flatpak and custom repo packages: Do not work
  • Spotify for Android, version 8.5.36.747, Android 10 (Pixel 2 XL, stock rom): Works
  • Spotify Web: Works

When the Recently Played section in the Home page updates on Android and Web versions, it does not update on the Desktop ones, while the "Recently Played" section in the left side menu works fine on every device.

Sonorat

@Alex366  Please open a new thread about your issue, this one is about a different problem and everyone following this topic receives a notification about new messages, that we would like to be about the topic we subscribed to. Thanks.

ryan922
Regular

I don't mean to be forward but how many times are you guys gonna ask us to login/logout, change device, etc, before you understand that this does not work? That it hasn't worked every time you've asked. Some of our pages have been frozen for months, we've tried all those suggestions 10x over.

casssandra776
Visitor

Hi there,

I have un-installed and re-installed on my windows laptop and iphone. My recently played artists is not updating when you look at my profile but is when you look at the menu on the left hand side. 

Thanks

editboy23
Visitor

I'm having the same issue, but it's been happening for months.  

1 thing happened yesterday, it randomly updated 1 artist out of the 20 I listened to that day, but that's it.

That's the first time in about 2 months anything has changed.

I listen on 2 PC's and iOS.  

I've uninstalled the app on the PC and reinstalled with no change.

umjams
Visitor

Had previously added my +vote, have tried all recommended steps 10x's over. The "Home" page on MacOS is frozen, my recently played has not changed for I don't even know how long at this point.  If you select recently played from the left hand column it is correct but the home page will not change.

MacOS 10.14.6

Spotify Desktop for Mac 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a - I even logged in to a different wifi and the results are the same.

iOS is working properly 

hydra3
Visitor

I have been having this issue for at least three months despite listening everyday. I've reset my password, uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off recently played artists, left it off for a few days and turned it back on to no avail. I listen on my android phone and windows laptop. It used to update with a delay of about 6 hours but now it's stuck. I'm a premium user with a family account so I'm becoming increasingly irritated that there seems to be no solution 😞

xjengx
Visitor
- Your device's make, model and operating system
- The exact Spotify app version you're on
- The troubleshooting steps that have been tried so far

Acer R3 // Win10 // OS Build: 18363.535Iphone 5s //ios // 12.4.4
Spotify Desktop: 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a & Spotify IOS: 8.5.34.644
Install & Re-Install for IOS and Desktop // Change password // Reset and Update Device // Listening using other network // 
1a7sox-jd_c05

I have the same problem everyone has here. My recently played artists are stuck since about two months. 

Tried it with another account, it immediatly updated. Re-installed, changed my password and so on.  I also changed devices - I even use a different laptop now - so I'm sure this problem is tied to my account. Spotify, how often will you post the same steps which clearly aren't working for most of us? It's baffling to me how a service I pay for doesn't know how to fix a problem for literally months now. Hoping this will be finally resolved soon. 

fusionarc
Visitor

Hi -

I first started posting on this thread about this on Dec 5, 2019, after two weeks of having my Recently Played Artists frozen.  It is now January 13, 2020 and this still hasn't been fixed.

Some things I know after dealing with this for almost two months now:

1.  This has to do with my account and not my devices.  Other accounts work fine on the devices, including a test account from Spotify.

2. SpotifyCares on Twitter was responsive to this issue but once they realized they couldn't solve it, there's been no further contact. I encourage everyone to reach out to them for other issues that they may be able to solve.  This spotify community here is not as responsive as Twitter.

3. My RPA updates when I use the Spotify Web Player on Chrome.  So, if I happen to be at home, I can use this, but not the regular desktop app.  Also, the Web Player isn't available on iPhones, even with Chrome.  

Where are we in solving this issue?  Maybe you should consider getting rid of the feature if it doesn't seem to work for everyone.