Recently played artist not updating

My Question or Issue

Since five days back, my recently played artists as seen on my profile are not updating properly. Before, it was instantaneous, now maybe 7-8 hours delay. Sometimes my library updates, but not the artists shown in my profile. Same with friends profile, very annoying. I see some old topics with this and that is has been "fixed" - any solution anyone? I have tried deactivating in settings and activating, restarting, reinstalling, nothing works.

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS and Windows 10

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Visitor
Version 8.5.40.252
Iphone7 plus
Recently played artists haven’t updated since November.

I also have not been able to connect my account back to Facebook or login
with Facebook since deactivating my Facebook account and reactivating it. I
think this may have something to do with my recently played artists not
updating.

Unhappy123

@1222329698  That is interesting I have also deactivated my FB account, many months ago, although, I never used to log in with Facebook. Could that be the cause of it? 

weasel
Casual Listener

I am also experiencing this issue. on my desktop.  The App on my phone seems to be updating, but not as constantly as I would expect it to.  Playlists I listen to on my desktop do show up on my phones recently played list.

Desktop: MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, Spotify Desktop 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb

Phone: iOS 13.3, Spotify App v8.5.40.

I don't know if this is at all related or not, but my Discovery Weekly has also been "Stuck" and matches some what is listed in my "Most Recent' list on my Desktop App.  My Desktop App shows some "White Noise" and 'Ocean Escape" playlists, which I listened to months ago, overnight to help me sleep as my most recently played.  Now my discovery weekly is loaded with mellow acoustic music I am uninterested in, despite listening to music that is the complete opposite of those genres.

I have tried reinstalling the Desktop app as per the instructions at the top of this thread with no success.

Dwarfjazzer
Regular

Windows 10 pro 1903

Version 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a (Microsoft Store version)

Web Player

Google Chrome
Version 81.0.4027.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

The list in my android phone (Galaxy S7) works but with a delay, and that is ok.

As for the main issue is that in the app in windows the "Recently Played" in my library shows the correct list, but in the home list it doesn't. And the same with the web player, so I went to the console and tracked the call used to populate the one in the home and so far is this path "/v1/views/recently-played-v3" so maybe that could help, or even better DM me and could work on the fix for the issue for free.

ryan922
Regular

Does anyone else find it absolutely baffling and ridiculous that this still hasn't been fixed?

Unhappy123

Yes! Very frustrating!!

mkpr
Visitor

I've just put a song via embedded player - one like the players you can find on this online forum. And that artist appeared in my Recently Played Artists page.

kleinkatzen

@Katerina  Thanks for the reply. Both the "Recently Played" on my Home menu and the "Recently Played Artists" located on my profile page are no longer updating. 

brarje

Hi guys,

for me I definitely think linking my account with facebook caused the problem for me.

Before I did this, when my spotify account was a standalone account, my 'recently played artists' on my profile page always updated.

This seems to be a really nasty bug as afterwards, I also un-linked and re-linked my facebook account from my spotify account and my 'recently played artists' on my profile page updated but with only one artist that I listened to most recently, instead of all the artists I listened to recently.

Hope this helps at all, please get this fixed!

kleinkatzen

@brarje I unlinked my Facebook account from my Spotify acc years ago. It seems we've all stopped seeing our Recents around the same time. It's gotta be an issue on Spotify's end. I hope we get a real fix soon, too.