Recently played artist not updating

My Question or Issue

Since five days back, my recently played artists as seen on my profile are not updating properly. Before, it was instantaneous, now maybe 7-8 hours delay. Sometimes my library updates, but not the artists shown in my profile. Same with friends profile, very annoying. I see some old topics with this and that is has been "fixed" - any solution anyone? I have tried deactivating in settings and activating, restarting, reinstalling, nothing works.

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS and Windows 10

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your recent reports of this happening.

Just so you know, the tech team has been working on this backstage and it should now be fixed for everyone.

If you are still experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure your device and operating system are up-to-date, as well as giving your Spotify and browser a refresh.

Also there is this ongoing issue regarding the Recently Played section on the Home page. If that's something you're experiencing, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

If you have any further questions, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
-c8dq_q02vqsk

I'm using both my windows 10 pc, my Huawei P20 Lite phone, and my recently played artists are haven't been updated for 1-2 months or more!

I've tried all the troubleshooting ways that you listed, none of them helped.

I'm using 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb for windows and 8.5.41.531 for my mobile phone. Please fix this already.

ryan922
Regular

Unsurprisingly, the new update hasn't fixed the RPA error.

Mojito10
Visitor

It looks like everyone who has experienced this are on a family premium account or have been in the past.
At least that's what I've been seeing from the comments.
Can anyone confirm this?

ryan922
Regular

Nope. I've never been on a family premium account, only single premium. I've never linked my Facebook account either so that isn't a factor (I'm sure someone mentioned this a few pages back).

Mojito10
Visitor

I did some testing and interestingly the server stored recently played (not the once stored in your cache locally) which is displayed under "Your library" recently played and not the home page which pulls it from the server, seems to be only updating when I play it from the Web player on a pc (i'm guessing because it can't store locally). 
Even then recently played songs appear out of order and interestingly some seem to be played before the songs that are stuck forever (2 months ago for me).
This leads me to believe its a bug where the songs they have stored for your account on recently played somehow can't be sent to their server from the app (windows and android/ios). 
That's why this is a account problem and not a issue with the apps themselves, as all the data they collect isn't stored properly on the Spotify servers. 

Well that's just me and my amateur tests anyways, but I hope spotify can fix this as my Daily Mixes have been stale (songs getting pulled from the stuck recently played that's stored on their servers) and all my recommendations are the same. 

Mojito10
Visitor

Note: 
The android recently played seems to pull data from your cache, that's why its working for some people. 
If you clear cache it would show the last songs that were last stored on their servers (2 months ago for me)

anon9012
Visitor
I’m on a family plan
shawnarr

Hi! This is being reported numerous times. Is there an update for when it will be resolved? My recently played artists section of my profile isn't updating on any iOS device (iPhone, iPad), or on either of my laptops, but it is updating if I listen on the Spotify web player or on my Amazon fire TV. There is obviously something wrong that we can't resolve on our own, but when we contact customer support, they ask us to uninstall devices, change passwords, etc... Can you please provide an update on this? Thank you!

hoodooloon
Visitor

I'm having this issue but on my desktop app. My iPhone X is updating listening history fine.

Mac Mini (Late 2012) macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6
Spotify 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb
I've tried restarting my computer, switching between Wi-fi and ethernet, logging out and in again, deleting and reinstalling Spotify, turning off all social features then turning them back on again. Basically anything I can think of.

To reiterate, my iPhone app is having no trouble, just my desktop app. It picked up one recent artist but has failed to register any more since Tuesday (21/01/2010).

hannahdbee
Visitor

Hi!

I'm having this problem as well, for about 4 months now. Have basically tried every solution provided, including reinstalling the app on all my devices, restarting, updating the app.

Interestingly enough the only way the list is updating is if I stream to my television via Chromecast.

Devices:

- iPhone 8 with iOS 13.3

- Macbook Air running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Spotify version:

1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb on desktop and

8.5.41.669 on phone

Hope this helps solving!