Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Recently played artists not updating

My recently played artists does not update any longer, and has been stuck for at least three weeks now. Is the algorithm or some background process being disrupted or stopped for some reason?

We're sorry to hear you feel that way, @Ro101.

We were gathering the basic info to help you out.

In this case, the Recently Played Artists are based on your own listening habits. In order for an artist to show up in Recently Played Artists, you need to have listened to more than one song by that artist - theoretically in a row. If you listen to a compilation of many different artists (like Discover Weekly, a playlist by Spotify) you won't necessarily see any of the artists show up in Recently Played Artists. If you listen to an album on Spotify (which is really just a playlist for a specific artist's work from a single album) you will see them show up. We don't have a timeframe for an artist to show up in this section.

Hope this clears things up.

Comments
JuanSebastian
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @Ro101! Welcome to the Community.

This seems odd. Can you let us know which device and Spotify version you're currently using? Let's try reinstalling the app to see if this makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes. 

Ro101

Yes I've tried reinstalling - no effect.

Spotify version = 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8

MacBook Air, OS El Capitan, version 10.11.6

There are many people with this issue that I can find through forums and help sites, so good to flag now. I'm still facing the issues after another reinstall, and this is consistent across all of my devices with my account (Lenovo PC, and iPhone). 

JuanSebastian

Thanks for that info @Ro101!

If it's possible, can you try logging into a different Spotify account (a friend´s or a relative's) to see if this issue persists?

Keep us posted. 

Ro101

Not possible. Actual support would be good at this point.

Maria_B
Status changed to: Not An Issue

We're sorry to hear you feel that way, @Ro101.

We were gathering the basic info to help you out.

In this case, the Recently Played Artists are based on your own listening habits. In order for an artist to show up in Recently Played Artists, you need to have listened to more than one song by that artist - theoretically in a row. If you listen to a compilation of many different artists (like Discover Weekly, a playlist by Spotify) you won't necessarily see any of the artists show up in Recently Played Artists. If you listen to an album on Spotify (which is really just a playlist for a specific artist's work from a single album) you will see them show up. We don't have a timeframe for an artist to show up in this section.

Hope this clears things up.