Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommended songs missing for some playlists

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports that users are not getting recommended songs based on their playlists.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
josh116

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United Kingdom (UK)

Device

Lenovo Ideapad

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The recommended songs bar at the bottom of my main playlist has disappeared, but is still present on all my other playlists. I uninstalled & re-installed the app on my laptop, but the feature is still missing & I don't know how to get it back. It was very useful for me having it to help discover new music & add songs to my playlist very quickly. Does anyone know how I can get it back on display?

Thanks

plath
same.

i listen on the web player on desktop. and the recommended songs feature is not appearing on some of my playlist.

when i listen to the same playlists on my phone, it appears there.

very annoying.
Ivan

Hey there @josh116 and @plath

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

If you can't see the recommended tracks under a playlist you might need to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device to make sure you get your app version updated to the latest one. 

In case you see no difference after that, send us a screenshot showing how this looks on your end. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.  

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

plath

last track is the end of the playlist. the recommended songs feature is missing from the playlist.

the screenshot shows Spotify Web Player. 

https://i.imgur.com/6rHFiUh.png

Ver

Hey @plath,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We'd suggest you clear the cache and cookies on the browser. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. It's also a good idea to check if the browser is up-to-date.

You can also try with another another browser. Does the issue persist?

Keep us in the loop. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

plath

same thing in both Edge and Vivaldi. 

Mihail

Hey @plath,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you let us know if the recommended songs appear when you log in to another account in the web player? You can use a friend or famiy members, or if that's not an option - create a free one here.

It would also help us out a lot if you share the make, modell and  OS version of the device where you're experiencing the issue. If you could try and replicate it on another device that would also be useful in identifying the root cause of the problem.

Keep us posted, we'll be keeping an eye for your reply.

plath

what happens is not that i never get recommended songs in my playlist. it's that after 100 or so songs are added to the playlist, that feature disappears on desktop in the web player

but it works fine on my mobile app. when i open the playlist on the mobile app, i still get recommendations.

my PC is using Windows 10. 

Mihail

Hey @plath,

Thanks for getting back to us with the detailed explanations.

Does relogging in to your account after the recommended songs tab disappears solve the issue? We'd also really appreciate it if you could log in with a different account on your desktop and see if the issue comes up there as well. These troubleshooting steps help us narrow down the possible underlying causes for this behavior and suggest the best possible solution.

We're looking forward to your post!

plath

when i create a playlist with the same songs from my account, in a new account, the recommended songs function is available.