Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Recommended songs missing for some playlists

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports that users are not getting recommended songs based on their playlists.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Alex

Hi @plath,

Thanks for the reply!

If the recommended song function works fine on large playlists when you're using the new account, you might consider transferring your Music collection over. Check out this guide for some tips on how to do that. 

Hope you find this info helpful.

plath
hmm idk why but it was working again for a while since i made this thread, and now it's broken again.

since today.

i tried logging out and into a new account and back in again and importing the songs into a new playlist. i just don't get any recommendations.

but if i go onto my phone i get recommendations on the same playlist.
Mario

Hi again @plath

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We're here to help you sort this out.

Just to confirm, is this only happening when you use the web player? Have you previously seen recommendations there?

If you haven't downloaded the desktop app, we'd recommend doing it directly from the Microsoft Store. This is because the desktop app does show the Recommended Songs tab at the end of your playlists, like your mobile app does.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

plath
yeah it only happens in the web player.

anyway. its returned again, without me doing anything. so, happy day i suppose!
Mario

Hey @plath

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to know that this is working again! 

If you have ay other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Have a good one 🙂 

BrandonHN

Hey @mario,

I’m not sure how to address people correctly here, but I’ve also experienced these problems. It’s been like this for a few months now and I tried everything you said. I can’t really get these recommendations back and really want it because I use h ty is feature a lot. It works on my phone but not my Mac. Can this be a problem with my laptop itself?

Alex

Hi there @BrandonHN,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if you've tried running a clean reinstall of the app, as well as trying if you can see recommendations in the Web player or another account.

Once we have this info we can offer more relevant advise 🙂 

Also let us know if this is true for every one of your playlists or just the ones with a large number of songs in them.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

BrandonHN

Yes, I have. I reinstalled it multiple times actually. I’m not sure how to fix this and thank you for replying.

CarlosE

Hey @BrandonHN,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We'd like to confirm, does this happen to all of your playlists, those that have a large number of songs, or it's rather random?

Also, could you let us know if the same happens on the web player?

If possible, try with a different account, like a friend's a or relative's, and let us know if the same happens.

Keep us in the loop.

BrandonHN

Well, it only happens to one playlist which I put all of my favorite songs in. It currently has 447 songs. Is there a point where the recommendations just go away? (By the way, I apologize for responding so late. School has been tough online. Thank you for your time.)