Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Refresh button for Recommended songs section not working properly

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports about the Refresh button under the Recommended songs section under a playlist not working properly. Sometimes it just shuffles the already listed songs, and sometimes it just doesn't do anything at all. The list is only refreshed after actually adding a song to the playlist. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Archon314

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The "refresh" button for playlist recommended songs sometimes doesn't work, either not generating new songs or just removing the section altogether. Seems to be associated with certain playlists

Jeremy

Hey there @Archon314,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

freethinker_oy

I am able to reproduce this issue on my Mac.

The reinstall didn't help. I don't have another account to check

BlackMoonSystem

I'm also having this problem on my Windows 10

Vatosep

same here

MudRucker
I'm having the same issue. Nothing happens when I click on the Refresh for Recommendations. It was working fine yesterday and now it's not.
RiSTT

After the latest update, the refresh button doesn't work anymore. With every update, Spotify somehow manages to break things. Keep up the good work guys!

AeroZ

Plan

Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

Windows PC

Macbook Pro

Operating System

Windows 10 21H1

macOS 10.15.7

My Question or Issue

On both platforms when pressing refresh to update suggested songs nothing happens.

Spotify version on both platforms 1.1.66.578.

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 16.46.44.png

jtor99

Same here. Doesn't work since yesterday. Anyone got update on this?

jtor99

Same here since yesterday. Been looking for solutions but nothing has worked so far.