Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Refresh button for Recommended songs section not working properly

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports about the Refresh button under the Recommended songs section under a playlist not working properly. Sometimes it just shuffles the already listed songs, and sometimes it just doesn't do anything at all. The list is only refreshed after actually adding a song to the playlist. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Dan_88

Same here...

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies. We just came across this thread.

Can you let us know how it works after you've tried the following:

• Different device, 
  • Different internet connection
  • Have someone log in with their account - such as a friend or a family member
  • Clean reinstall

@freethinker_oy and @ evereadycod - can you try the following troubleshooting steps above that you haven't tried yet to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

Mischief_83

Win10 1.1.66.578.gc54d0f69-a
Refresh not working at all. Noticed this last week, still not working.

crispitagorico

I have the same issue on my Windows 10 device. The Android app on my mobile is working fine. This is seems to be an issue that appeared for many people after a recent update on Spotify side. Spotify, could you please a serious and quick look at this? It seems to concern many of us.  

requines

On my Windows 10 laptop, the refresh button not working as well.
If I will press that button fast enough it gets broken changing the half of the recomended songs and swapping them back instantly, I'm pretty sure it is broken.
I have tried clean reinstall and checked this on Windows Store and with installer from your website.

CarlosE
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

LetoAtreides82

Updated to the new update 1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a but the issue remains, 'refresh' button on desktop version very unresponsive almost never does anything.  The 'refresh' button works much better on the android app, I have to refresh on the mobile app to find new recommendations while listening on my Windows 10 desktop.  Hoping for a fix for the desktop version soon.  

karan78

Facing the same issue on my PC running win 10. Works fine on my iPhone btw. Hope you guys fix this issue soon.

Spotify version 1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a

RobertGlen64

Same problem Windows 10 desktop. Very annoying as it's such a useful feature.  Uninstall/ reinstall didn't help.

Refresh works fine on Android phone. Hopefully a fix becomes available soon.

PicklesHaHar

Windows 10 desktop, same issue.