Remember me not working on Spotify Windows Desktop

The Username or email field is not being retained when the Remeber me is on [Green] on the Login screen for the Spotify Windows Desktop. Windows 10. Spotify Version 1.0.64.399.g4637b02a.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for all the info you've supplied so far.

After talking to our desktop tech team, this is now expected on the desktop version of the app. 

The 'Remember Me' function is just to remember you when opening the app after being closed, avoiding the login screen. Clicking 'Log Out' now doesn't automatically save the details in the username field for next time.

We hope this clears things up. If there's anything else we can help with, let us know!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thanks for letting me know about this. Could you let me know if this is still the case after reinstalling the app with these steps? That might help here. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

Same behavior after the reinstall. This used to work in previous versions. 
JuanSebastian

Thanks for trying @user-removed.

Can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? If it's possible, try using the app on a different computer to see if the same issue persists.

Keep us posted. 

This issue first only occurred in the version I specified in the submittal and the version before that.

I do not have another Windows 10 PC that I can install the Spotify Desktop for Windows.

P.S. @JuanSebastian I did not get your comment in my Email Inbox and Spam as I am subscribed to this issue for Email, my notifications settings for Email are New Replies posted to content that I subscribe to and Posts I'm @mentioned in and both are Use Default (Immediately) and I have checked before and now Email me when someone replies. Please advise?

Erika

Thanks for the info @user-removed!

Could you let us know if you have any cache-clearing app on your desktop?

Also, to get the notifications back, we'd suggest deactivating the option, logging out and back in and activating the option again. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Could you let us know if you have any cache-clearing app on your desktop?

I do not have one.

Also, to get the notifications back, we'd suggest deactivating the option, logging out and back in and activating the option again. 
I did this already and same behavior.
Erika

Got it @user-removed!

Are you experiencing the same issue in another device? It's not ideal, but if you could try in a friend or family member's computer would help us to gather more info.

Keep us on the loop.

Are you experiencing the same issue in another device? It's not ideal, but if you could try in a friend or family member's computer would help us to gather more info.
I do not have access to another Windows PC with the Spotify Desktop.
Aimee_T

Thanks for letting us know! 

Just to check, could you give it a go from the Spotify web player and let us know if the option stays active? We'd recommend logging out and back into your account to see how it goes.

Take care 🙂

I logged into the Spotify Web player and had the Remember me on [green].I logged out of the Spotify Web player. Without closing the browser, I brought up the login again for the Spotify Web player and my username was there. Thus, Remember me works OK on the Spotify Web Player as designed.