Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

’Repeat All’ turns itself on

I’m a Premium member, in the US, on an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.  I’m having an issue where the “Repeat All” function continually resets to on.  This used to happen just when I opened the app anew, so I for some time just left Spotify always open and that prevented “Repeat All” from turning back on; however, for the last month or two, “Repeat All” turns on even if I just minimize the app, often several times a day.  There was a Community Post on this same issue (from DanHazard, which is now closed) where the Tech person recommended restarting the iPhone, but this has not helped.  I am an album-listener (as in, not a radio- or playlist-listener) and I absolutely hate that the albums keep repeating!  For one thing, I often switch to a completely different genre for my next choice; hearing the same one restart kinda makes me hate the album.... I get sick of the same one!  Since I listen all day at work (I build houses), it is often very difficult for me to stop what I am doing to change the music, so I am stuck with the repeating album for a while. I also use a song or album’s length as a gauge of how long a task is taking me (in construction, many quick tasks FEEL like they take forever and you feel you are wasting time when you are not; conversely, it’s easy to get lost in complicated tasks and end up spending more time than you wanted), so the Repeat ruins that, too. 

To make matters worse, the last update just moved the button to turn Repeat off into a submenu of the Now Playing screen, making it even harder for me keep an eye on that pesky little Repeat!

Please help!

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info. We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Top Answer
Maria

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

We've spotted a few new reports regarding this issue and would like to investigate this further. If you're experiencing this issue in 2024, would you mind leaving us the details requested in this thread?

Many thanks!

Comments
disc_count

This is still an issue. FIX IT!

blakerutledge

LITERALLY EVERY DAY.

I drive my car. Connect my phone to Apple Carplay. Spotify automatically enables Repeat All.

Please for the love of God make this stop!

SSJWiggy

The year is 2023. All **bleep** has broken loose. The economy is still reeling. And Spotify still can't fix an issue that's been occurring for over 4 years.

God Help Us All.

AdamCohn
Can, just doesn't care enough to bother.
SSJWiggy

They haven't demonstrated enough competence to earn that benefit-of-the-doubt.

disc_count

I was thinking (/feeling rage) about this issue today. When I looked down on the screen in my car, I noticed how worn in the screen was right over the repeat button in comparison to the rest of the monitor...  from turning it off every time I get in the car. Maddening. 

krapmaster

I have been experiencing this issue via every device including connecting via bluetooth, head phone jack, the Spotify app on my pc.  This has been a continuous problem that Spotify has neglected for 5+ years now.  How can this be???

bitfidget

I've been noticing this issue for about a year now on my iPhone 13. Doesn't matter if I'm in the car (using bluetooth) or using AirPlay on my home stereo - when I go to an artist and start listening to an album, Spotify seems to automatically select repeat for me. I hate repeat. I like what used to happen, which is once the album is finished Spotify would automatically go to the Artist radio or other playlist based on similar music to what I just listened to. This was an essential part of my new music discovery process and now it seems I can't do it anymore because Spotify decides I want to hear the same songs over again. I don't want that! it's extremely frustrating.

Please fix this Spotify. I've been a premium member and enjoying your service for years, but maybe now it's time to look to other providers if your experience doesn't persist my choice NOT to repeat.

Nceske

The issue is still a problem on pixel 7 premium member

alfabravoteam

So we cannot set a simple option to set a default mode from the three options available?

Repeat mode: off, single track, whole list.

Is it that hard?