Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeat turns on after each song

Repeat turns on after each song

I've included an attachment with my issue concerning the Repeat Track function. As of today, the app has defaulted to the second Repeat Track option to repeat the individual track rather than the first tap option to repeat all tracks (in a playlist for example). So even if I've selected a playlist and I choose Shuffle it will repeat the first song it plays, over and over if I don't manually disable to Repeat Track option. Needless to say, quite annoying. This Repeat Individual Track toggle comes on for every song I select to play or whether I press Shuffle.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

Capture+_2019-05-08-23-55-39.png
16 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Xiaomi note 6 pro

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

every time I click a song, it automatically plays it on the repeat one option and I couldn't find anywhere the solution or the settings for that.
Please help me, it is extremely annoying.

Thank you,

Inbal

Same problem on an LG v30. https://i.imgur.com/YnvUe3S.gifv This is the view in the desktop, but the songs are playing through my phone. If I play the songs through my desktop, I don't have the same issue (can click songs on phone, play through desktop, and it's fine. Can click on songs on desktop and play through phone, not fine). Seems to be the output device that's tied to the issue, so back-end rather than front-end. spooty pls fix

Same here https://i.imgur.com/YnvUe3S.gifv Playing on an LG v30.

Hey @matsars and @8888plasma,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We had a similar issue not so long ago but it should have been resolved. Have you tried reinstalling the app using these instructions?

Please let us know which OS version and Spotify version you are using in case it doesn't help.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Hey all,

We've received some reports from users that are experiencing the issue where the repeat feature toggles itself on after each song.

We'd like to investigate this but need some more info. Here's what we need from you:

• Which device it happens on
  • Android version
  • Your Spotify version

Have a nice day!

I have reinstalled the app and cleaned all data, the problem is fixed.

I reinstalled Spotify and deleted all data before I did.
How ever I have updated the verion the day before I reported to you or
something like that so in the photo of Spotify it is the reinstalled one
rather the one I had before I deleted (I hope that was understandable)

Same Issue here. It's extrememly annoying.
Another HUGE issue is that whenever i connect/disconnect from my bluetooth the playlist starts over with the same line up of songs even though i'm in shuffle. This happens when i leave the app open and when i close out. Alwasy comes back with the same line up of songs and always defaults to repeat.
I just wish i could delete the "repeat" option all together. What kind of **bleep** listens to the same song multiple times in a row???

Hello @tyler_u,

Thanks for getting in touch. Could you please send us over the following so we can further investigate?

• Which device it happens on
  • Android version
  • Your Spotify version

Have a nice day.

@Guido 
On my iPhone. On my computer. On my tv. Everything and anything

Version 8.5.7.601 and all previous versions.

Hey there @tyler_u,

Thanks for posting these details.

It looks like you're using an older version of the app on your device. We'd recommend following the steps here to make sure you're on the latest version available.

It might also be a good idea to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your devices to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes! If you're still having troubles, please make sure to include some additional information on your devices and their OS version, as well as the Spotify version they're on.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

On my Spotify (every device) it plays the Song glare flare from Alfred Alfonso and Nabzster the whole time. And when i chosse a other song ca. 10 sec later Glare Flare plays again. Need help

Hey folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we've moved this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still experiencing this isssue, feel free to comment below and we'll help you troubleshoot.

Take care 🙂

Haven't heard anything from us because nothing has been done by you.
This is still a daily issue across all devices.
I guess i can update daily with "still happening" if that helps spotify actually do something.
Re-installs don't work. Updates haven't fixed it. Doesn't matter if it's phone, tablet, desktop, etc.

Not to be a **bleep** but what kind of update do you expect when there has been zero done to fix the issue?

Hey @tyler_u,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In order for us to be able to look into this further, we're going to need the following:

• your devices + their respective OS versions
  • the exact Spotify version running on each device
  • (if possible) a screen recording showing us how to reproduce the issue

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Already gave that info Mr. Auto-reply bot.

Suggested posts