Saved album song selection bug

Hello,

Below I've added a GIF demonstrating a bug in the latest update with selecting songs within saved albums, when a song is selected for playing, Spotify jumps to the first track in the album and starts playing that instead. I'm seeking assistance in fixing this issues as currently the only way I can select a song from a saved album is to use the next track button until my desired song is playing, and it's rather frustrating.

spotify.gif

Thanks-

Hey all!

Thanks for all your reports. We've been given the all-clear from the teams backstage and will be marking this thread as "Fixed" for now.

If you're still having any trouble, a clean reinstallation will help to get things back on track.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a shout 😁

Comments
Melody
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks!

We hope you're well.

Due to a recent update, we believe this has now been fixed.
If possible, can you reinstall with these steps: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/?

Let us know how you're getting on now 🙂

Best,

/M

froggy_tlse

I've fully un-installed, cleared all cache files, and then reinstalled. I am using version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 on Win 7 and it is still not possible to sort songs in an Artist list by clicking on the column headers (track #, track title, album or song duration) as in a Playlist. It used to be possible in the previous version. Very annoying!

larryvancleve
Finally automatically installed 1.0.52…….. and the bug is fixed. Thanks.
gusolo

the update fixed the bug for me

ingrid5

this doesn't seem fixed to me, it still persists on my pc running windows 10

rodmonument

Hi Melody,

This issue is still not fully fixed.  Though it appears as if the 1.0.52 version has fixed the "play the first song regardless of selection" issue, the saved lists can no longer be sorted by song title or album as before.  In addition, if you happen to have changed the order at some point, the new version cannot recognize a reordered list, so it plays them in the previous default as-added order, which is different than the displayed order and doesn't highlight the song that's playing.  A fresh install seems to help with the recognition of the song order, but the sort functionality has disappeared.

My version: 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 on Win7.

Leo
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @ingrid5,  just to clarify, are you also running the latest version of the app? 

@rodmonument Thanks for letting us know. This sounds like it might be a slightly different issue. When you say a fresh intall helps, does it then revert back to the issue over time? 

mtopp24
Casual Listener

Having the same issue as @rodmonument on Windows 10 PC. Just reinstalled and can select any song in the list and it will play. 

The issue is that I am unable to change the order of the songs: by album up or down, by song up or down, or etc. The categories "#, Title, Album, and the Clock" are no longer able to be clicked to then change the order of the songs. It will only play in the preset, unorganzed order that each the artists have when I either hit the play icon over their picture or go into the list of songs I have saved from them. 

Following the delete and reinstall process explained in the OP, using chrome browser, not that it should matter.

Jim
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey all!

Thanks for all your reports. We've been given the all-clear from the teams backstage and will be marking this thread as "Fixed" for now.

If you're still having any trouble, a clean reinstallation will help to get things back on track.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a shout 😁