Saved album song selection bug

Hello,

Below I've added a GIF demonstrating a bug in the latest update with selecting songs within saved albums, when a song is selected for playing, Spotify jumps to the first track in the album and starts playing that instead. I'm seeking assistance in fixing this issues as currently the only way I can select a song from a saved album is to use the next track button until my desired song is playing, and it's rather frustrating.

spotify.gif

Thanks-

Hey all!

Thanks for all your reports. We've been given the all-clear from the teams backstage and will be marking this thread as "Fixed" for now.

If you're still having any trouble, a clean reinstallation will help to get things back on track.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a shout 😁

Comments
Jacob
Community Legend

@buddy148,

Thank you for the additional information! I'll come back and update this topic as soon as I have some news 🙂

user-removed
Not applicable

I have this issue too.

Spotify Version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6
Windows 10 Pro x64

ltcond04

I just updated to the latest version on my desktop and when I go to pick a song halfway through an album it automatically plays from the beginning. And so I have to skip to the song I want. Can this be fixed? 

Thanks!

Jacob
Community Legend

@user-removed, thank you for the information!

@ltcond04, could you let me know your OS and Spotify versions?

Hopefully I'll have more to say on this issue soon 🙂

ltcond04

1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6

ltcond04

OS Sierra 10.12.3

aaronclawrence
Regular

This happens to me on Artist songs as well.

Windows 10, 1.0.51

I hope it's fixed soon. Spotify is somewhat useless to me in this state.

PS. The top 3 entries in the Help menu don't work (Spotify Help, Spotify Community, Your Account).

Chris
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Thanks for raising concern about this issue. The tech team are now aware and looking into it. 

They should be able to resolve this in an upcoming update. Until then, stay tuned! 

We recommend keeping your apps up-to-date to receive the update as soon as possibe. 

Thanks 🙂

bobhalperin

I've uninstalled and reinstalled - no joy. Why do people have to keep fixing things until they're broken?

stanleycc

The same applies to me !

Premium user

Spotify Version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6
Windows 7 Pro x64

When will the next update available ? It's annoying.