Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Consolidate duplicates

It would be nice if Spotify can recognize identical songs to avoid duplicates in your Liked songs and playlists.

This is pretty common for songs released first as a single then within an album.

For example, if you like the single one, the UI will not show the song as liked when you browse the album. And if you like the song in the album, you'll end up with a duplicated version in your library.

This also happens a lot for songs that you listen in Daily Mix or Discover weekly. If it's not the exact same song you have already liked before, the UI is inconsistent and you can save a duplicate.

Apparently, there is already an internal merge mechanism as the play counter is not split between the different versions of the songs. Maybe this can also be used to consolidate the UI.

Repost of https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Music-Remove-Duplicated-Songs/idi-p/4546787 which didn't get enough kudos.

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor the comments here. Please note that even if the status is set to “Not Right Now" - you can still add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
luperjuper

I have the same issue and it's very annoying. I have like 2 of the same songs in my library of so many songs. PLEASE FIX THIS DUPLICATED SONGS ISSUE

Alberto7

I have the same problem!!

niw I have a lot of duplicates, songs and complete albums.

it is EXTREMELY annoying!!

please @spotify fix it 

Alberto7

Please we need real help

Alberto7

The links Spotify staff is offering are closed cases.

@spotify needs to fix this I’m sure there are a lot of people who are not aware of the issue, and it definitely deteriorates the user experience!!

zenubio

Artists seem to put the same song on multiple albums.  Would love some way to prevent liking duplicate songs.

Alberto7

Hello 

please we really need help with this issue, the discovery weekly often recommend me songs I already liked many years ago.

same song, same version, from not same album, not even a remastered version. 
please please please there’s got to be a number to call or some one who can help us with this issue. It makes me want to go back to Apple Music, please help! 
thanks 

mwhit

Just giving a +1 to this thread, still in 2022 this is the behavior and is incredibly frustrating. I am currently trying to "audit" my library and this is ridiculously confusing -- even when I play the song directly from the album it shows as liked, but not on the album itself.

That means that clearly, the application does know the song is saved and is getting it from the same source! But if I like the song from the album, it saves it a second time.

There is no way this was the intended behavior even if it's the expected behavior.

tinr

Bump. This is so frustrating. Apple Music DOES NOT have this issue. 

restinfm

This is definetly a bug: Same ARTIST, VERSION, ALBUM, SONG and even PLAYLIST... still not showing as saved in the player.. C'mon.. have a look!!

atzcapilla_0-1654591409540.png

scarletvvitch

I'm not sure this directly addresses the issue but using spotify depup has helped me a lot with some of the problems comments are describing. At least it's worth a shot?