School drop-down list on SheerID International verification form not working

Hi I have the same issue. Tried your link and still the search/dropdown list of universities doesn't appear (irrespective of the University name I type). Have attached a screenshot.

Screenshot_20200612-004501.jpg
Hey there,

We're seeing increased reports that the school drop-down list is not loading.

We are currently investigating this together with our partner SheerID.

In the meantime, if you're experiencing issues with the university/school drop-down list in the student verification form, make sure to:
  • clear cache and cookies in your browser
  • try opening the link in an incognito/private window or a different browser
  • try using a different network
  • try another device
If it still doesn't work, make sure to leave your vote on this thread, if you haven't already.

We'll post the latest updates on the matter here as soon as we have them.

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We've received reports that users are having troubles with the "Name of college/university" drop-down list on the SheerID International verification form here.

The right teams are aware and looking into this.

If you're experiencing this, make sure to first try the following:

• Give it another try to verify your student status in an incognito or private window in your browser
  • A different device (preferably desktop)
  • A different internet connection

If you're still having troubles after that, make sure to add your +VOTE here and subscribe to this thread.

We'll keep you posted, thanks!

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage and this should now be fixed.

Could you take another look and let us know how it goes?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

Status changed to: Fixed

Hello again,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board here? We'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Realme XT, Macbook Pro 2015)

Operating System

(Android 10, Windows 10, macOS Mojave)

My Question or Issue

I am trying to renew my spotify student subscription, however, in the SheerID verification, the drop down/search ("Name of college/university") does not work at all, no universities showed up, and nothing happens when I typed directly into the form.
I have already tried the solution listed on this question: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Students/School-University-Search-Not-Working/td-p/4971...

I have tried it on both Google Chrome and Opera.

Capture.PNG

Hey there @leoharnadi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you let us know what steps you've tried so far?

We advise you to open the form in an incognito window on your PC. Then you can try to choose your college/university from the drop-down menu.

If this doesn't help, you can try with another network.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Stay safe!

Visitor

Plan 

student premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Oppo A20

Operator 

Oppo A20

I am also having the same problem the school/University drop down search doesn't work. Is this another glitch or Spotify doesn't use sheerid anymore? Is Spotify not yet updated this?

Hey there @ONLYME-BRIX

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We can confirm that Spotify is still partnering with SheerID on verifying users for our student discount offer

Could you let us know how it goes after trying in a private/incognito window? This ensures you avoid issues with your browser's cache that might be causing what you experience. 

If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser and let us know about the result.

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

(Iphone 6s, Asus VivoBook X442U)

Operating System

(iOs, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I have the same issue, I am trying to change my Spotify subscription to a student account but the dropdown list for eligible schools/universities is not working. I've tried it with several other countries as well to see if only the list for Philippine schools has a bug but it's all not working. I've also tried on different browsers such as opera, chrome and safari but I still get the same result. 

Plan

Student 

Device

(XPS 15)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I am trying to renew my Student Discount but the drop down search is not working.

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @rohangarg2001, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try renewing your student discount on a different browser or private window?

Let me know how this goes!