Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
abinormal

Filthy is better than not at all... & sometimes even preferred. 😉 Thanks @iddles, that's definitely better than trying to tilt my head horizontally while driving.

kennymccartney

I think @Ashley has got it right. It's the Behind the Lyrics (BtL) feature  which is now visible all the time and takes up too much space. Previously you could toggle between BtL and the song artwork by touching the screen - that way everything fitted in one screen. No scrolling. Lovely.

I can't believe you're trying out features like this on paying customers. This sort of change (where you're *removing* some functionality) should be tried out in an opt-in beta program first, or maybe even tried out on those who use the free version :-). Paying customers should only be receiving well-tested changes, unless they've opted into the beta program.

ianfrey12

Same problem. When using Spotify, screen will not rotate to landscape mode. It's been like this for a couple weeks. I'm using a Galaxy Note 8 with Android Pie. Thanks

SuperSirTom

Come on Spotify Dev Team... This is very frustrating! Please update us all when the fix has been pushed out. 

Cheers. 

Jemi
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you, and what you're seeing right now is explained here.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a change, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version with fixes and new features.

Thanks!

kennymccartney

Jemi,

That link doesn't explain anything - it just says "sometimes we test new stuff on you". There's no explanation about why landscape mode no longer works.

And to be honest, I don't WANT new stuff tested out on me - I want sensible features that have been thought about. If you want to test new stuff out, it should be on a beta program or with users that have signed up for these changes.

Thanks,

Kenny

Ashley

@Jemi wrote:

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you, and what you're seeing right now is explained here.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a change, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version with fixes and new features.

Thanks!

I suggest you go back to "the right people" and tell them it's not good enough... You have removed a feature the majority uses, you are forcing portrait because of a shitty new feature "lyrics" which no one wants... **bleep** UI design and instead of implementing it properly you have done this...

Fortune_Silver
I agree. Don't test new stuff on people that haven't explicitly signed up
for that.
skrabaljan

@Jemi 

It's clear that nobody care about this problem!

You are just writing the same again and again.

Believe me that there are thousands of people with android that has this problem, but only desperate people like me will write here! Because you are not doing anything about this, many people write you here detailed description about this problem, and YOUR team is not able to do something about it. It's clear that you don't care about your PREMIUM users at all !! Or are you trying to say us that your develop and test team do not use android platform, so they are not able to test this problem ?? You care more about voting and giving people your "We will take a look at this, but you have to vote" answer. 

Please if you don't want to loose premium users, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.

It's realy annoying when you have your phone in your car in holder, connected AUX cable, and you are not able to switch your phone to landscape mode.

Honestly I'm giving you last month and if nothing happen I will go to your competition.

If you answer to me something like "please keep your app updated" or "our guys are working on this" I will cancle my premium account right now.

Doom187

As a free user, I have no say it what I get in the Spotify app. I just searched the interwebs to see if I was the only one suffering. Clearly I am not. I don't believe in entitlement but the saying**bleep** rolls downhill" should definitely apply to this situation. I am a happy bottom feeding Guinea pig and any and all testing is just par for the course. All that being said, a rollback feature for premium users is probably the best solution here. The bare minimum for all users could be a changelog. Those are just suggestions from a scrub like me. I hope this is at least gets resolved for user that actually pay for premium service.