Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
Krisavi

There is no point of voting. I would like to have landscape mode to use it in the stand at office. I get the car mode and it having huge buttons and text, to avoid missing them in the car, but I would still prefer to have landscape mode in office where buttons and text is small as in normal mode and it shows also the album cover art, but Spotify almost never listens to customers, the voting system is pointless if everything really worth doing are getting marked as "Not right now"... I would guess it would apply for 6 months window, but apparently this "Not right now" in Spotify seems to equal to "Not in million years"
The car mode never works for me if I have non-navigation car related app opened like DashCommand while driving.

Rams3
**bleep** ain’t it listen Spotify
rabellogp

The weirder thing is that Spotify Lite app does actually support Now Playing screen on landscape mode and it works pretty well... But the rest of the app is stuck on portrait mode! The default app is the other way around... The entire app supports landscape mode but its Now Playing screen does not. I don't understand how a huge company like Spotify can't figure out the basics of responsive design for its main product! Really...

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hey @JRafael 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

goforit

I have the same problem with a Lenovo Smart Tab M8 (TB-8505FS) Android 10 tablet resting in its dock on a Hi-Fi amp in landscape orientation, see this thread: Re: Now Playing screen no longer rotates to landsc... - The Spotify Community

feistyla

This is AWFUL !!!   NEEDS FIXING ASAP!
I rely on the landscape view ONLY... and this is the main reason I even have a Kindle, is to use as my jukebox  at home, while road tripping, etc.  It's Intolerable to not have Landscape for browsing, choosing, etc!
Horizontal is  the only way my  Kindle stands up / is ever used, so the entire app needs to function in the same orientation! That would seem a given for mobile-device design, wth? 

FAB1150

This has to be a joke, and a bad one at that.

How the heck can you neglect the most useful feature in the app, something that's used by virtually anyone with a car? Why the "not right now" status? It should literally be one of the top priority things! This is just unsafe. When my subscription ends, I'll definitely not renew it if this thing isn't fixed.

erwintwr

going for 3 years now?

as feature that was previously included, just not added again. whch app in todays world does not support the actual rotate option that ever mobile device in the last 10 years provided....

Yyes Spotify, you have competition, and YES i am much more inclined to move over if any of them supports this very simple function

Ed9999

This is straight **bleep** actually.

I'm really considering moving to another music service, just because I can no longer have artwork with the song in landscape mode. Really crappy.

Sammwise

Going on THREE years this problem is unresolved. WHAT the HECK my dudes? GET IT TOGETHER!