Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
OverWims

I can guarantee they purposely stopped landscape mode to try to get people to buy the new car thing

aekarvelas

It seems very simple. Take the money, provide mediocre service and hide behind stupid voting system to get away from actually fixing their broken software.

I wish third party audio players like PowerAMP could have access to the streams, as these audio players have so many features, that actually relate to the experience of playing music. All these streaming services have absolutely terrible apps that make the whole music experience a pain.

3 years and still no fix??????????????????????????????

fedtemis

Spotify stopped caring about their users long ago.

butterflygosquish

Please reopen this idea. There are several older posts of people asking for "landscape" mode but they are specifically looking for the player page to be able to rotate (which it currently does not). This may not have gotten enough votes because the wording is unclear. 

Charlie77

Really? Unsolved After 3 years? 

I just started listening music via streaming app. I tested Deezer in the past month.

Today I started testing Spotify. After one car drive I landed in this community forum seeing that such a basic function is gone for over 3 years. There was no negative aspect regarding Deezer, exept the price. 

Charlie77

and.... good luck reading the lyrics in landscape mode...😋

Rafael_Slomski

**bleep**!!!! nothing yet?
we are in 2022..!

dfietkau

This started when spotify removed certain "outdated" (they were not) APIs.
For example:
I had the phone connected to my 3rd market radio. Since spotify released Car Thing, this connection failed with the following update. What a coincidence. I believe they removed some other functions like landscape in the process, to push sales for their new product.

If the responsibles would just admit it, I could some how live with that.
But telling us, they will look into that, but dont know when, for 3 years...

Lying to your loyal customers is utterly stupid and will backfire.

Rammstone

The best part of this is that the useless "car thing" failed miserably and went out of production. What a shocker. But they still won't add landscape back in. I have now switched to youtube music and I am very happy I did. Easy transfer and it works well in the car

goobs4life

3 years and Spotify has still not resolved this issue. Where does my $15/mo go? Because it needs to go to more devs so an issue as simple as landscape can be handled in a more timely manner...