Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
preadfish

Okay, why do you remove posts which contain useful solutions?

Explanation: i recommended installing an older version which still supports landscape mode in now playing view, with a link to a trustworthy source.

Primeval

Why in the world is this not being solved immediately!? Just freaking roll back the version in the appstore.

mp_x86

@Primeval wrote:

Why in the world is this not being solved immediately!? Just freaking roll back the version in the appstore.

Honestly since the iPhone version has never had landscape, it feels like they might be trying to bring feature parity to the platform by screwing over Android users instead of adding the feature to iOS .

flippyinvader

Strange us that we had one before this dumb update 

preadfish

I'll stay on the last version which supported landscape view, if spotify doesn't bring it back and they force me to update they will lose me as premium member. This is a dealbreaker for me.

"we're not able to provide an exact timeline" - yes you were able, if the community support team, the devs, a manager or any other person who makes this decision wanted to. But you can't because the one that makes such decisions doesn't care.

Sorry to say it this way, but this is the same with any other large company: they are slow and service is low because good service is too expensive.

MiguelAlmeida

Your status is not good enough for a paying user. Everyone who really cares about this situation should also change their status either to Not Paying Right Now.

Indeed, one should perhaps consider another provider and, because incompete shouldn't be rewarded, pay to whomever services you the best way.

Ifanother streaming service has the same quality and similar library as Spotify than these "minor" issues and features are rather important when comes the time to opt for one of them.

I'm already studying other options and as far as I'm concerned the landscape mode is a major problem given the similarities

brianhanline

I also have a Galaxy S9+ on a Premium plan.  Until the most recent Spotify update, the screen DID rotate in the Now Playing mode, but it no longer does.  Why was this feature reverted?

willdoubleg

Your answer is grossly unacceptable.  Go back to the "Right people" and tell them that this isn't "testing a new feature".  Its blatantly removing a feature or a programming error.  Fix it. 
We are owed a timeline to restore basic functionality to the app.  And keeping my app on auto-update has **bleep** me over.  I want the old version back if you cannot fix this one.  You make a weak case for keeping my app up to date if your updates break basic features and add useless features.

@Jemi wrote:

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you, and what you're seeing right now is explained here.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a change, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version with fixes and new features.

sapasss

Ok if spotify fix that one day, remember to disable their fukin auto update in Google play. Last year each update was a downgrade, they really **bleep** !

Darryn182

This just stopped working within the last week. Hauwai P20

Goes to landscape on every page and tab except now playing song and album cover??.

The only landscape view I used is disabled and all the others are enabled. wth?