Search loads only 80 tracks

Plan

Free/Premium (Tested on two accounts)

Country

Germany

Device/Operating System

Tested on two computers with Windows 10 (self-built) and Windows 8 (Terra)

My Question or Issue

When searching for tracks, Spotify only loads exactly 80 tracks. One or two weeks ago, it was loading all tracks. This only happens in Spotify for Windows. Browser and Android versions did not have this limit for me. Below the 80th tracks, there is an loading circle, but nothing more is loading. 

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know. We're looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we have updates. In the meantime, if you're also experiencing this, reinstall the app and change network, and if it persists, add a +Vote and let us know the following:

• Device model/OS
  • Spotify version
  • Network type (WiFi/cable/4g)
  • Does this happen with every search?

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know. We're looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we have updates. In the meantime, if you're also experiencing this, reinstall the app and change network, and if it persists, add a +Vote and let us know the following:

• Device model/OS
  • Spotify version
  • Network type (WiFi/cable/4g)
  • Does this happen with every search?

Thanks!

doomlad

Reinstalled and I am experiencing the same problem.

*Spotify Premium

*Windows 10

*Wifi

*Happens with every search

krokus76

I have the same problem, only get about 80 results then the loading circle and no more results come up, tried many times this week with different searches.

Windows 10

Spotify free

Cable

Happens with every search

Hey there @krokus76@doomlad and @Changa,

Thanks for adding that info!

Could you also let us know the exact version of the Spotify app that you're rocking? You can find it by tapping the three-dot menu on the top left corner of the screen > Help > About Spotify.

We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams :)

Keep us posted!

Changa
Casual Listener

1.1.1.348.g9064793a (Windows Store-Version) // Windows 10

krokus76

1.1.2.285.ga97985ef

pjPug
Roadie

Premium

Version 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef

Desktop Windows 7

Wifi

Happens every time

Fortunately almost all the music I've been listening to on Spotify can also be found on Beatport, so I do all my searches there, now that this problem has started on Spotify.

Also on Beatport they do a much better job of uniquely identifying artists. And on Beatport you will see every new release from every artist you FOLLOW, unlike on Spotify where New Releases shows a tiny sliver of what I want to see, so I don't bother following artists on Spotify.

doomlad
1.1.1.348.g9064793a (Windows Store version)

Hey guys,

Thanks for providing that info, we've passed it on! 

Can you provide us with a screenrecording of this happening if possible? That would help out a lot too :) 

Have a nice day!

krokus76

I search for songs with the word "rock"  that should give thousands of results, but only get 80 and then the loading circle and no more tracks come up.