Search results are incomplete

Hi Guys,

I've just tried to search for "Hardcore essentials" to see if there're any new compilations that I can listen to (so I can maybe add a song to my playlist), but it turned out that the search results are so inaccurate - even the albums are missing from which I added songs to my Happy Hardcore Til I Die playlist years ago. I tried to search in the web player, but the results remained the same. Could you please investigate this? I'd love to continue adding quality content to my playlist and please its 3700+ followers. I attached three pictures to explain the issue. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Patrik

Premium member since January, 2014

spotify_searching_for_hardcore_essentials_1.PNG
spotify_searching_for_hardcore_essentials_2.PNG
spotify_searching_for_hardcore_essentials_3.PNG

Thanks for reaching out @Alvin_ti4200!

It looks like the albums your unable find in search have been removed from Spotify. We have more info on this here

Although the compilation albums have been removed, the tracks in each album are still live on most artist profiles. That's how you're still able to play them from your playlist. 

We hope this clears things up! 

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Alvin_ti4200, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll gladly help you out.

Ciould you give us a bit more info about what's going on? We tried making the same search on our end and ended up with the same results.

We'll see what we can suggest.

Alvin_ti4200
Roadie

Hey @Alfredo, thank you for the feedback. The problem is that the results are incomplete, lots of existing albums are not displayed, although they can be accessed from e.g. my playlist. If you check "Happy Hardcore Til I Die" or the screenshot attached you can see that there are a few songs which I added from albums that contain "hardcore essentials" in their name. However, if you perform a search they are not displayed at all.

Alfredo
Roadie

Thanks for all the info!

We've taken a look at your playlist and found a couple other album volumes with the same name that don't show up on the search results, as you mentioned.

We just sent a report about this on to the right team. Fingers crossed, we'll have an update about this content soon.

All the best.

Alvin_ti4200
Roadie

Thanks @Alfredo ! I really appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Patrik

Chris
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Thanks for reaching out @Alvin_ti4200!

It looks like the albums your unable find in search have been removed from Spotify. We have more info on this here

Although the compilation albums have been removed, the tracks in each album are still live on most artist profiles. That's how you're still able to play them from your playlist. 

We hope this clears things up! 

Thanks 🙂

Related Issues