Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Send to followers: Followers not showing up

Send to followers: Followers not showing up

"Send to" is broken on iOS. When searching for followers, they do not show up, hence it's useless.

Works fine on Desktop.

15 Replies

Hi @henrikwils any other threads with similar issues you've found in the Community?

I'm unable to reproduce this on my end. Is anyone showing up when you search for friends to send it to? Or is one user in particular not appearing?

If you are looking for similar issues, I experience a similar thing on the desktop app.

I tried to share a track with one of my followers (one I do not follow myself), but it wouldn't show up.

The follower is not connected with Facebook, and I'm typing the spotify username.

I have also run into this issue.

On desktop, right-click a song or playlist, and select Share... On the Send To tab, type in a Spotify username. It should autocomplete the username and the send will be successful.

On iOS, do the same Share... Then Send To... Type in a spotify username. It will not recognize it. BUT, if you have Spotify-Facebook linked, it will display your Facebook friends. I want to share with someone who has a Spotify username but is not a Facebook friend. I cannot do this from iOS without working around through Email or SMS which defeats the whole purpose of us using a common application.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi @JV2012RULEZ & @henrikwils you'll need to either be Facebook friends with that person (with both of your accounts linked to FB) or you'll both need to follow each other in Spotify. 

Are you able to share to friends that follow you and that you follow?

OK fair point. So specifically, on iOS, no, I cannot share to Spotify friends who follow me and whom I follow. Only Facebook friends.

I can share to spotify followers no problem on desktop client.

Same problem with the Android app.

That's the point. I'm not connected to Facebook, and I won't be. Still pretty much nothing works:

On desktop:

I can't search for a specific username.

I can't send a track to a specific username (unless I'm following them, and how can I follow them, when I can't find them!!!!!)

On iOS:

I can't send a track to anyone.

I thought Spotify was supposed to be social? I thought everything was supposed to be easy?

You focus on endless useless features, like how big can we make the font, so users cannot get a proper overview of their songs, how much space can we add in the panels on the client, so the window will take up all the screen space, so nobody would ever have Spotify on their screen while doing other work...

If I was the owner of Spotify, this would have been a priority 1 issue.

Same problem here. I'm registered with Facebook, so:

On desktop: I can send tracks to my Facebook friends and also to my friends only on Spotify.

On Android app: I can send tracks only to my Facebook friends. And can't send to my Spotify followers, even if we're both following each other.

It happens that my most active friends on Spotify aren't registered on Facebook (and they don't want to be). 

Hi, @Teresa and @meahtenoha please review the comments in this thread. We have isolated an issue that prevents mobile (both iOS and Android) users from sharing music through Spotify. A precise description and steps to reproduce the issue are provided here. This has been around for months and persisted through several updates. I'm a Premium customer and I find the inattention given to this broken functionality rather aggravating. 

I show a Spotify user I am following, but can't share playlists thru Spotify...their name is not showing up under people.

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi @henrikwils any other threads with similar issues you've found in the Community?

I'm unable to reproduce this on my end. Is anyone showing up when you search for friends to send it to? Or is one user in particular not appearing?

Autofill search is not returning results of friends when I try to share tracks.  Example, I have a friend "garyaburksjr" that I follow (he follows me as well), and when I try to share a song he is not showing up when I "Enter a friend's name."  There are a few other firends who do not show up either but I used this one because he is showing in my activity feed on the right so you can see the name is spelled correctly.  Please help!

Please see screengrab for details:

http://screencast.com/t/YGgyzhfHJ5PL

This is what I am still getting after a year. When it auto comletes, it's blank. Sometimes it sends, others not. If it looks like it's sent, recipient never gets it.

There seems to be an update a day for Spotify and still this is happening.

I'm on OSX.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 3.12.54 p.m..png

Just my two cents worth, but I find this unbelievably poor.  I have no friends showing up on iOS and what's worse, I have recently upgraded to the family plan.  I now want to share all the playlists that were created on my individual account with my family members and the family members don't even show up... quite poor really...

I have the same issue

Suggested posts