'Show my current top artists' Button Not Working

Hey,

We've seen a few reports of the 'Show my current top artists' button not working as it should.

"Toggling on/off the setting under Spotify > Preferences > Social > 'Show my current top artists' on desktop does not seem to be controlling whether they're displayed or not"

If you're experiencing the same thing, please can you let us know:
> Your Device
> Operating System
> Version of Spotify

> Any other info which might be useful!

We're checking this out.
Thanks,
/M

Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey,

We've seen a few reports of the 'Show my current top artists' button not working as it should.

"Toggling on/off Spotify > Preferences > Social > 'Show my current top artists' on desktop does not seem to be controlling whether they're displayed or not"

> Your Device:
> Operating System:
> Version of Spotify:

> Any other info on the issue for you:

We're checking this out.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

We've seen a few reports outside of this thread, of the 'Show my current top artists' button not working as it should.

"Toggling on/off the setting under Spotify > Preferences > Social > 'Show my current top artists' on a desktop device does not change whether they're displayed or not"

To make things easier, we'd like to gather some more information here.

> Your Device
> Operating System
> Version of Spotify

In the meantime, the right team are looking into things.

We'll be in touch if we have any updates!

Thanks,
/M

clane

Hello, I have been having issues with my Recently Played Artists. They show up if I click on Your Library, but none of them are showing up on my main profile page that everyone can see. I looked under my Social settings, and my activity should be being published to my followers.

Device: iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System: Apple iOS

Version of Spotify: 8.4.78

Hey @clane,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

This does sound like a slightly different issue to the one users were experiencing on this thread. We suggest you head on over here, where we will keep you posted on our progress in investigating this issue.

Thanks again!

superschaapje

My Current top Artists button doesn't work as well. It turns itself back on when I re-open the desktop player.

Device: Chuwi Lapbook Air

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Spotify version: 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d

hellojelou

Hi, I have the same issue, I've re-instaled the app on my computer and still does not work. 

Device: iMac 

Operating system: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Spotify version: 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7

andycorral

iphone 8plus

spotify version 8.4.85.963

iOS 12.1.2

My phone used to show my current top artists but from one day to the other it didnt anymore, and i have tried and tried and it just does not show anymore, i need help please